Chapter 6: Is He Your Boyfriend?

Alya and the girls are the first to show up. Then Nino, then the rest of the guys. "Marinette!" My eyes widen and I run behind Adrien. "Hide me." "Why?" "I forgot to tell Alya about the other guys." Adrien laughs. "Thats on you." I hit his arm. "Ouch!" He smirks at me. "No! Please don't! I'm sorry." 

"Alya! She's over here!" Adrien says and steps aside. I glare at him. "Marinette Dupain-Cheng! Why didn't you tell me?" She asks slapping my arm with each word. "Ow! I'm sorry it must've slipped my mind." She rolls her eyes. "How does this slip your mind?" I shrug. "Alya!" Nino shouts. "This is not over." She says as she walks over to Nino.

"Adrien Agreste I am so going to kill you." I say as I chase him around the room. "Come on Mari even you have to admit that it was pretty funny." "Yeah rig-" I start to say sarcastically but trip and fall. I land on top of Adrien. "If you wanted to be on top of me all you had to do was tell me." I slap his arm. "Don't be such a perv Agreste." I say as I stand up holding a hand out to him. He takes it and gets up. He chuckles lightly. "Ready to complete another thing on that list?" I nod my head.

"Okay everyone we're going to bake! We set up a table with all the ingredients." Everyone gets up and goes to the tables. "But it's going to be a baking competition." I turn my head and give Adrien a confused look. He looks at me and smiles then turns his attention back to our friends. "Whoever makes the best macarons gets to choose the next game everyone has to play and they get a $50 gift card to a place of their choice." "Wait but Marinette is a baker's daughter. She's going to win this easily." Adrien shrugs. "Then I guess all you can to is try your best to outshine her treats." They all nod and start getting the ingredients together.

                        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Adrien!" I shout as he throws flour at me. He starts laughing. "I'm sorry I had to. Don't be mad you look cute with flour in your hair." I roll my eyes. "Flattery will get you no where with me." He lightly chuckles as I throw flour back at him. "Hey! Mari!" "What? You look cute with flour in your hair." I say with a smile. "Oh you're going to regret that." He says and grabs an egg. "Don't even think about it Agreste!" I take a step back but bump into the table. "You have no where to run Mari." I'm about to run but he grabs me by my waist and pulls me into him. "Don't do it Adrien!" He laughs as he smashes the egg on my head.

"Gotcha" He says with a smirk. "You jerk." I say with a laugh. I put my arm around his neck to grab the egg Alya hands me from behind him. I pull him into a hug. "Mari? I thought you were going to be mad." He says as he hugs me back. I smile and smash the egg on his head. "Yeah that makes more sense." I laugh and pull away from the hug. His green eyes meet my bluebell ones. Has his eyes always been this nice? It's so calm, so mesmerizing that I don't want to look away. What am I thinking? Marinette pull yourself together.

~Adrien~
Marinette's eyes are so pretty. I don't want to look away but I know if I don't it will get awkward. I can't do it though. Why can't I do it? Shake it off Adrien!

~Marinette~
"Aww will the happy couple say cheese" Alya teases as she takes a picture of us. "Now thanks to you Agreste I have to go home and shower. I'll be back." He grabs my arm. "Who's to say I won't just do it again?" I roll my eyes. "I'm kidding. Just shower here though. I have extra clothes that you can have." "Fine but the clothes better be comfortable." He smiles and nods.

                       ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I shower first then Adrien. "Mari? Can you come in here for a second?" "Yeah sure." I say and walk into the restroom. "What's up-" My eyes widen as he holds up the tissue with my blood on it. "I'm on my period!" I quickly blurt out. "That was last week. You were extra moody and I bought you chocolates remember? Was this from when you were coughing?" "No." I say not looking him in the eyes. "It is! You lied to me! You promised me you were okay! Marinette how can you be so careless? and don't you dare say that it's fine. This is really serious."

"I know. I know." I say and sit down on the bathtub. "Why wouldn't you tell me?" "Because I knew you'd want to reschedule the sleepover and I was so excited for it. And because my parents haven't really been the same since they found out about the 6 months thing. I just didn't feel like being home." "We'll get up we're leaving." "Where?" "I'm taking you to the hospital now get up." "No I don't want to go. I'll tell my doctor at my next check up." "Marinette get up. I'm not giving you a choice. If you don't get up right now I'll carry you." "Ughh fine." I say and walk out of the restroom.

"We'll be back guys. We need to get more stuff from the store." "Okay bye." They say as we leave.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Marinette? What brought you in today?" Tikki asks as she walks up to us. "She coughed up blood." "Okay follow me we'll get you a room." She said and leads us to the room.

"You can come in now." I say after changing into a hospital gown. "I called your parents." Adrien says as he walks in and takes a seat beside my bed. "They're not coming are they?" He shakes his head. "They said they-" "Need to look after the bakery?" I finish his sentence. He nods. "Marinette, did you bring the album you designed?" Plagg asks as he enters my room with Tikki. "I didn't know I'd be coming in today." "Next time then?" I nod my head. "Okay so we are going to need to run a few more tests. Is that alright?" Tikki asks. "Yeah that's fine." She smiles. "You're going to need to stay here a while could be days could be a few hours." "But we-" "Forget about the sleepover Mari. This is more important." I sigh and lean back in the bed.

"Hey I'll set up another one next weekend okay? I promise." He says as he moves a strand of hair out of my face. He holds up his pinky and I smile. I wrap my pinky around his. We both kiss our thumbs and touch them together to lock in the promise. "Thank you Agreste." He smiles. "I'll be back I'm going to go tell my mom hi while we're here. It'll be quick I promise." I shake my head. "Take all the time you need." He smiles and walks out of the room.

"So is he your boyfriend?" Tikki asks as she checks my heartbeat. I shake my head. "No we're just friends." "So no feelings or anything?" Plagg asks as he types in the computer. "Nope." "I find that hard to believe. He's been with you the past few visits." "He's just worried." "Or he uses that as an excuse." Does he have feelings for me? No that's crazy we're just really close friends. Tikki and Plagg giggle as they see me thinking.

"And what about you two?" I ask. "What?" "I see the way you two look at each other and the way you are when the other is around. It seems a lot more than co-workers." "We grew up together that's all." "Mhm sureee." I say not convinced.