Chapter 30: Deja Vu

"See Mari? I told you I wouldn't be late." Adrien says as he walks over to me. "Good. Now go change!" "Already?" "Yes! Hurry!" "Calm down Mari. What's the rush?" "The show starts in 30 minutes! And we still need to do your hair and make up. Nino and Luka still aren't here. Chloe is freaking out because her mom showed up. And I'm panicking because I can't find the dresses I made for Alya." Adrien rubs my arm trying to relax me.

"You left Alya's dresses at the house and they're in the car. Nino texted me and said he's on his way, Luka just walked in, and Chloe will calm down once you talk to her. Everything will fall into place. Just breathe." I nod and take deep slow breaths. "Better?" "Thank you Agreste." I say and give him a kiss. "But go get ready please." He nods and walks into the dressing room.

"Dupain-Cheng! I can't do this!" Chloe says as she rushes out of the dressing room. "Why not?" "My mom is sitting front row! She's going to be judging everything. The way I walk, my makeup, my hair-" "You look perfect Chloe. Don't worry, I'll make sure she loves everything you do." "Are you sure?" I nod. "Yes. Now go get ready." She nods and nervously walks back into the dressing room.

I start to feel myself getting weak so I take a seat. "Marinette, Mr. Agreste said I'll be your assistant for today. Is there anything you need?" Nathalie asks as she walks over. "Is everyone getting ready?" I ask. "Alya just went into the dressing room, Luka and Adrien are in hair and makeup, Chloe finally calmed down and started getting ready, and still no sign of Nino."

"Nino isn't here?" I ask and stand up quickly. I immediately regret it and fall back into the seat. "Marinette are you okay?" She asks. "I'm fine, just lightheaded." "I'll get you some water." "No it's fine. I'll be okay." I say and slowly stand up. I feel my legs wobble and a headache forms but I choose to ignore it. "You need to start getting ready soon." I nod. "I'll get ready right now." "Is there anything else you need?" "No thank you Nathalie. Go and enjoy the show."

I grab my clothes and walk into the dressing room. I take a seat in there to try to ease my headache. "Mari? Where did you go?" "I'm in here." I say and quickly stand up. "You're not ready yet? The shows going to start soon." "Y-yeah I just-" I try saying but my words start to slur. "Sorry. I mean- I just need to change." "Mari what's wrong?" He asks and guides me to sit down. "Nothing. I'm fine." I say as I try to stand back up but Adrien stops me. "Maybe we should reschedule this." "No! I'm fine. I swear Agreste."

"Mari-" "Just trust me? Please?" He sighs and nods his head. "But the second you start feeling weak I want you to tell me." I smile and nod. "Thank you Agreste. Now get out so I can change." He smiles and walks out.

When I finish getting ready I walk out of the room and make sure all the final touches are done. "Alya is Nino here yet?" I ask as she finishes putting on her shoes. "He should be here any second." "He's not going to have a lot of time to get ready." "He'll manage." I nod and try to shake off my nerves. "Marinette it's going to be okay. The show is going to go according to plan." I nod.

"Marinette you need to speak before the show." Adrien says as he walks over. "I'm nervous." "Don't be. You'll be fine." He says with a smile. "I'd kiss you but I have lipstick on." "I don't mind." He says and gives me a kiss.

I feel my headache return and I start to feel dizzy. I ignore the feeling and continue to walk over to the microphone. Wow this is a lot of people.

~Adrien~
"Does she look like she's walking weird or is it just me?" Alya asks. "It's not just you. Somethings wrong." "What's going on with her Adrien?" Chloe asks as we all look out the curtain to watch her. "Why has she been acting weird lately?" Luka asks. "I-" "Don't lie to us Adrien. What's going on with her?" Alya asks.

Just before I'm going to say something Nino walks in. "Sorry I'm late there was traffic." "Nino! Hurry and get ready." I say and start throwing his clothes at him.

~Marinette~
After the speech I walk backstage and meet up with the group. "Marinette are you okay?" Chloe asks. "Marinette what is going on?" Alya asks. "It's nothing. I'm fine." "Mari I think-" "Not now Agreste. The show is going to start." I say and I start putting them in their places.

"You're on last Agreste." "Mari you have to tell them." Adrien whispers as we wait in the back. "I'm going to. I just need-" "There is no more time. They know we're lying." "I need more time Adrien." "Mari-" "You're up Agreste." He sighs and walks out to the runway.

The rest of the group walks up to me. "Marinette we're getting worried." "What's going on?" Luka asks. "They filled me in on what happened and we all just want to make sure you're okay. What's happening Marinette?" Nino asks. "I- you need to change into your other outfits." "Don't think we're done talking about this." "Mari you really need to tell them." Adrien says as he walks backstage. "I can't Adrien. I need some more time." "Mari-" "We need to change into our other outfits." I say and walk into a dressing room.

                         ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After the fashion show we start cleaning up. I start feeling dizzy again so I walk over to a seat. "Mari? What's wrong?" "Marinette are you okay?" The group asks as they walk over to me. "Yes I'm fine." I say and stand up. My knees give in and I fall over. Luckily Adrien catches me. "Marinette-" "I'm fine." I say. I move out of Adrien's grasp and stand up straight. "Marinette-" "I'm fine I promise."

"Mari you have to tell them." "Agreste-" "Tell us what?" "It's nothing." "What's going on?" "Nothing is going on. We have to finish cleaning up." I say and start to walk away.

"Mari-" "Adrien what's going on?" Alya asks. Adrien stays quiet for a while thinking of what to say.He sighs and finally says something. "Marinette has cancer." I immediately stop in my tracks. I feel the tears form in my eyes. "Wh-what?" "Marinette is this true?"

I turn around and walk back over to them. I raise my hand and swing it across Adrien's face. "Marinette-" The group starts but stops when they see how upset I am. "You know why I didn't want to tell them. You know I didn't want to get treated differently. I didn't want them to worry." "Mari-" "You knew how scared I was to tell them and you told them anyway!" "They deserved to know." "It's my decision whether I want them to know or not! Not yours or anyone else's!" I say with tears streaming down my face.

"Mari-" He starts as he raises his hand to wipe my tears. "Don't!" I say and move away. "I told you I needed more time and you completely went against what I wanted." "Marinette can't you see? They were worried sick about you already." "But you told me you wouldn't say anything! I- I can't trust you anymore Agreste."

"Don't say that Mari. Anything but that please." He says with tears falling. "I- I don't think we-" "No Mari- Don't say it. Please don't say it. We love each other." "But if I can't trust you then that love means nothing." "No don't say that. Mari we're meant for each other." I shake my head. "I'm going to die Adrien. Maybe it's best if we just break up now." "I don't want to break up." He says and cups my face. "Mari please." He says and rests his forehead against mine.

"I love you Adrien but you just did the one thing I never wanted you to do. I wasn't ready yet." "Mari-" "We're over Adrien." I say and place his hands down to his side. I turn and walk out of the hotel. "Marinette please come back! I love you!" He shouts after me. Deja vu.