Chapter 44: Will You Marry Me?

"Can you pass me the mascara please?" Chloe asks as we get ready. Alya hands it to her. "Want us to help with the curlers?" "No! I mean- I can do that myself." I say and walk to the restroom.

I still haven't told them my hair fell out, so they think this is my real hair. I close the door to the restroom and pull the rollers out of the wig. Once all the rollers are out I run my hand through the curls to seperate them.

"How does it look?" I ask as I step out. "Amazing!" Chloe says excitedly. I smile and take a seat beside them.

"Shoot! Do you guys know where my favorite lipgloss is?" "Do you mean this one?" Adrien asks as he stands in the doorway holding it up. I get up and walk over to him.

"Get out Adrikins!" "You can't see her until she's ready!" I giggle and give him a kiss as I grab the lipgloss. "Thank you." "You're welcome." "Okay now go get ready Agreste."

"Okay but hurry up. I want to see you in the dress already." He says before he leaves the room. I close the door and lock it. "Now he can't try to peek anymore." I say and walk back over to my seat.

After we get ready, we put on our dresses. Mine is a long red silk semi-flowy dress, Chloe's is a long yellow flowy dress, and Alya's is a long orange tight dress.

"Mariiii. Are you done yet? I can't wait anymore." I giggle and take a seat on my bed. "Not yet." The girls look at me confused. "I want to make him wait a little longer." They giggle and sit beside me.

"Girls! Luka and Nino are here!" Emilie shouts from downstairs. "Okay maybe we should go now." Chloe says.

As soon as I open the door Adrien's eyes fall on me and his mouth drops. "Agreste! You were supposed to be waiting downstairs!" I say and hit his arm. The girls giggle and walk downstairs to meet up with their boyfriends.

"I-I'm sorry I just couldn't wait anymore and I'm glad I didn't because... Wow- y-you look incredible." "Yeah, yeah what else is new?" He chuckles and I pull him into a kiss.

"I have a really special surprise for you after prom." He says as he rests his forehead against mine. "Another surprise? You're doing too much for me Agreste." "This will be the last one for a while." I smile and place another kiss on his lips.

"Okay let's go meet up with the rest of them." I grab his hand and lead him down the stairs.

                        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Alya, Chloe, Nino, and Luka are all on the dance floor and Adrien and I are standing by the punch table talking to each other. I feel my body start to feel weak but I ignore it because I don't want to ruin the night.

"Want to dance with me m'lady?" Adrien asks as he holds out his hand. "And make a fool out of myself? No thank you." I joke. "Come on what's a prom without dancing?" I smile and take his hand.

As he leads us to the dance floor the song changes from a fast song to a slow song. "Just our luck Agreste. It's our song." I say with a smile as he pulls me closer and places his hand on my waist. I smile wider and wrap my arms around his neck.

"I still remember the first time I danced with you to this song." "You say that like it was so long ago." He chuckles. "Well it kind of was. It was 3rd grade remember?" I nod.

"Of course I remember. I was so excited after that dance that it was the only thing I talked to Alya about for 2 weeks." He chuckles. "Really?" "Mhm. I had a really really huge crush on you." He smiles and places a kiss on my lips.

                      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

After prom ends, Adrien says we're going to the Eiffel Tower for his surprise. "Do you know what the surprise is?" I whisper to the rest of the group. They all nod. "We can't tell you though."

"We're here!" Adrien says and gets out of the limo. He holds out his hand and I take it. "Why did we come here?" He stays quiet and leads me into the elevator. The rest of the group follows.

We get to the top of the Eiffel tower and we all step out. The floor is covered in rose petals and he leads me over to stand in the middle. From where I'm standing you can see all of Paris and I gasp at the sight. "Wow this is beautiful."

"Mari, I met you when we were in first grade and we immediately became best friends. That friendship turned into something else, love. I love you with all my heart and I can't imagine my life with anyone else."

I feel tears form in my eyes. "I can't imagine my life with anyone else either." He smiles and Andre comes out with ice cream. "Your perfect blend." He says as he hands it to Adrien and I giggle.

"Isn't it a little too cold for ice cream Agreste?" "Well ice cream at Andre's was our first date. Our families took us together when we were kids and it's important that I incorporate it in what I'm about to do." "About to do? What's going on Agreste?"

Our song starts to play in the background. "Not only was this our first dance in 3rd grade, but hopefully it's our last dance as boyfriend and girlfriend." My heart drops. "Last? Y-you're breaking up with me." "Let him finish girl!" Alya shouts.

Adrien smiles. "Like I said Mari, I can't picture a life without you in it. I want to be able to hold you when we go to sleep at night, get married, have kids, and of course we'll get you your hamster." I giggle.

"I brought you up here today not to break up with you, but instead do this." I gasp as he gets down on one knee and pulls out a velvet box.

"Adrien-" I start with tears filling my eyes. "I want to spend the rest of my life with you. I know you want your parents at the wedding so we'll wait until things are better with them. I just want to be able to have you as the next best thing, so with that I'm here to ask you-" "Adrien-" I say as I feel my body get weaker.

~Adrien~
"Marinette Dupain-Cheng, will you marry me?" I ask as I open the box to show the ring. Her face falls and I feel my heartbeat start to quicken. Shoot. Is she going to say no?

Soon her body starts to fall. I immediately let go of the box to catch her. "Mari! Mari!" Nino, Luka, Alya, and Chloe run over to us. "We need to get her to the hospital!" I shout as I carry her into the elevator.