Chapter 38: Just Stay Here

"Adrien! You're back." Plagg says as he and Tikki walk into the room. "Yeah. I missed one checkup too many." "You technically didn't miss it though. You are just late." "What do you mean?" I ask. "He came to your first appointment alone but he was 5 minutes too late." "You went?" He nods. "Why didn't you tell me Agreste?" "Well we weren't really talking."

"So does this mean you're back together?" Tikki asks. Adrien and I smile and nod. "Thank goodness. You two are made for each other." "We think so too." Adrien says as he takes my hand.

"So how have you been feeling Marinette?" "I've been good. Nothing else has really happened."Have you given any more thought about the transplant?" Plagg asks and I nod. "I think I want it."

"That's good to hear. We'll call your parents when we get news on the kidney." Tikki hits Plaggs arm. "I'm actually not living with my parents anymore. You can just call me." "What do you mean your not living with them!" "Tikki calm down-" "Don't tell me to calm down!"

"Tikki it's really okay-" I start but she cuts me off. "No it's not! How can your family do that to you? You can live with Plagg and I!" "It's okay really. Thank you for the offer but I'm living with Adrien."

"We're going to get married one day so it's good to know how much of a slob she is." Adrien says with a slight laugh and I hit his arm. "If anything you're the slob Agreste. There's random pairs of socks all over your room." "You have a bunch of fabric thrown everywhere Mari." "That's because I'm designing. What's your excuse?" He smiles and rolls his eyes.

"How are you okay with this? She's not with her parents!" "I think it's pretty obvious that she's not with them sugar-cube." Plagg says and instantly covers his mouth. "Sugar-cube?" Adrien and I ask with a smile.

"I've already told you not to call me that! Do you ever hear me calling you stinky sock?" "No but you should. That would be delightful sugar-cube." Plagg says as he brings his face close to hers. Tikki rolls her eyes and pushes him away. "Anyway I don't get how you're okay with this. Your parents should be the main people there for you."

"Well it was kind of my fault." "Don't say that Mari. It wasn't on you. This is 100% completely their fault." "No it's not. Before I walked out of the house they warned me what would happen and I still did it. I'm the one who came home and started yelling at them. I'm the one who started the argument and I didn't even stay so we can fix it." I say with tears filling my eyes.

I quickly blink them back. I clear my throat and look up at them. "Are we done?" Before they can say anything I walk out of the room.

~Adrien~
"I'm sorry. I shouldn't have brought it up." "It's okay guys. It's just hard for her. She tries to act like it's not hurting her but it is. She's the type of person to pretend that everything is okay when it's really not." "How does she keep it bottled up all the time?"

"She doesn't. I hear her crying herself to sleep every night." "We should do something to cheer her up." Tikki says. "It's her parents. I'm pretty sure it's always going to hurt her. I don't think anything can make her feel better about this." Plagg says. "I'm sorry guys. I wish I could talk more but I need to make sure she's okay." They both nod. "See you next week."

~Marinette~
I walk to the car and right before I get in I feel arms wrap around my waist. I feel my body tense and before I push the person off I hear him speak. "Sorry I didn't mean to scare you. You okay Mari?" I smile and turn around to face him. "Better now." I say and place a kiss on his lips.

He smiles and rests his forehead against mine. "As much as I'd love to do that again, I know you're lying." "I'm fine Agreste." "Mari-" "I promise." He nods and holds out his pinky. I smile and wrap my pinky around his and we bring our thumbs to our lips before pressing them together to lock the promise.

"You're really cheesy when it comes to promises." "You love it." "Even if I did I would never admit it." He rolls his eyes and we get in the car.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I'll be back Mari." Adrien says as he walks towards the door. "Where are you going?" "The mall." "Oh I'll go with you then. I need more fabric." "No!" I give him a confused look. "Sorry I meant no you can't go." "Why not?" "Wait for me here please. I won't be long." "Those are 4 words a girl never wants to hear." I tease.

He rolls his eyes. "Oh come on you have to admit that was pretty funny!" I say with a giggle. He chuckles. "Maybe a little bit." I smile and give him a kiss. I guess I'm gonna have to play the cancer card.

"Fine I'll just stay here, in my room, all alone, just a bored 18 year old girl with cancer, who only has about 2 months left to live, the boredom might just become too much and I'll die instantly." He rolls his eyes. "Trust me Mari. Just stay here." "I really thought that'd work." I say and roll my eyes. He chuckles and kisses me.

~Adrien~
As much as I want her to come with me, she can't. I'm not going to the mall. She can't find out about this until the day comes.

I enter the jewelry store and look over a few of the rings. "Hey dude. Why'd you tell us to meet up with you here?" Nino asks. "I need help picking out a ring." "A ring for what?" Luka asks. "I'm gonna propose to Marinette." "You're going to what!" They both shout. "Shut up and help me find a ring."