Chapter 28: I'm Just Dehydrated

~Marinette~
"Dupain-Cheng! Did you get that cough checked out yet?" Chloe asks as she walks over to Adrien and I. "Yup! And the doctor said it's not unusual." I turn my head and see Adrien glaring at me. "That's good but how does it explain the blood?" "I don't know but if it was anything serious the doctor would've said something." "You're right."

"Anyways how was your date?" "It was so much better than what I expected! I thought it was going to be awkward but it was actually the complete opposite. It felt so-" She stops trying to think of the word. "Natural?" Adrien suggests. She smiles and nods. "Yes! Natural. Have you ever felt anything like that before?" She asks. "Nope. Never." Adrien jokes. I hit his chest.  "Ow Mari! I was kidding." He says rubbing his chest.

"I've never felt that either. Is that what love feels like?" I ask. Chloe smiles knowing I'm trying to mess with Adrien. "I think so. I've never been in love before." She says. "Me neither. I can't wait until I find the love of my life." "Well turn your head bugaboo. I'm right here." I hit his arm again. "Don't call me bugaboo!" "Why not? You're my little bugaboo." I roll my eyes and turn my attention back to Chloe.

"So what did you and Luka do?" "We went to the movies, then we ate ice cream at Andre's, and took a stroll in the park. I'm really starting to like him." "That's amazing Chloe. I'm so happy for you." "Thank you so much for introducing us." "Of course Chloe." "I have to go. I need to make up some homework before class starts. See you later." She says and walks away.

"So bugaboo when exactly are you going to tell them? They're not going to stop asking questions." "Soon and stop calling me bugaboo." "I'll stop only if you give me a kiss." He says and leans in. I lean in too but just before our lips meet I stop and smile. "O don't think so Agreste." He sighs as I pull myself away. "You're such a tease Mari." I giggle. "You probably would've gotten a kiss if you didn't call me bugaboo." He rolls his eyes. I smile and kiss his cheek. "That's all you're getting."

"Hey guys. Marinette have you seen-" Nino starts but Adrien cuts him off. "Yes she saw a doctor, and yes she's okay." "But-" "They have no explanation for the blood." Adrien says. "Oh okay." Alya says with a confused face.

"Mari can I talk to you?" Adrien asks. I nod and he pulls me aside. "You need to tell them." "Agreste I need more time." "Mari they're worried. The other day after school I saw Nino looking up what those symptoms could mean." "Aw that's sweet." "No it's not! He's worried! They're all worried." "I'm going to tell them Adrien." "Marinette-" "I already said I need more time!" "You promise you'll tell them?" "I promise." He nods.

"Marinette, Chloe and I were talking about that cough you had the other day, so we looked up stuff that could help with it. We found a home remedy and we made it for you." Luka says as he hands me a little bottle. "Thank you Luka." "No problem. I told Chloe I'd meet up with her to help her with her homework so see you guys later." Luka says as he walks off.

"Marinette-" "I know, I know. I have to tell them." "Tell who what?" Alya and Nino ask as they walk back over to us. "Um- tell you guys that I'm almost done with the clothes so we can do the fashion show soon." Adrien face palms himself. "That's great! We can't wait." Alya says.

Adrien leans in and whispers. "Marinette you said you were going to tell them." "I never said I'd do it right now." I whisper back.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Where are you planning on having the fashion show?" Adrien asks as I sew fabrics together. "Chloe said I can have it at her dad's hotel. Ow!" "What happened?" He asks as he rushes over to my side. "Nothing Agreste I just pricked my finger with the needle." I giggle. "Don't scare me like that Mari." "Sorry. Thank you for caring though." I say and kiss him. He smiles. "Can I help you with anything?" "You can get me a glass of water." We both smile and he nods. "I'll be right back."

As soon as he walks out of he room I let go of the fabric and lean back in the seat. I'm starting to feel weak but I can't let him know. I try to regain my strength as he walks back into the room. "Here you go." He says handing me the glass. "Thank you." I grab onto the glass and notice my hand shaking. I quickly take a sip and put the glass down hoping he doesn't notice.

"Mari why is your hand shaking?" "I'm just dehydrated. That's all." I lie. "Are you sure?" I nod. "So who are you inviting to the fashion show?" "Not really anyone. Just you, our friends, and your family." "I hope you don't mind if I invite some other fashion designers and some press." Gabriel says as he enters the room.

"It would be good for you to get your name out there. In the future you can grow your own brand." He adds. "Well I don't know about the future. I only have 3 more months-" "If you choose not to get the transplant." Adrien cuts me off. "And if you do choose to get the transplant then you've already made a name for yourself." Gabriel says. I smile and nod. "If I do get the lung and if I do decide to get the transplant then that would really help me out a lot. Thank you Gabriel." He nods and walks out of the room.

"Now I have to make sure all of these outfits are perfect." I say as I go back to sewing. "If they're made by you then they're going to be perfect." "Flattery will get you no where with me Agreste." He chuckles and sits beside me. I try to put the needle through the fabric but I completely miss and prick myself.

"Here let me do that." He takes the fabric and needle and thread away from me. "I just aimed it wrong Agreste. I got it." "I'm not blind Mari. I know you're not feeling good. Go lay down." "I feel fine Agreste. I need to finish this." "What you need is rest. The chemo is effecting you and you need to relax. I got this."

"I really hate how well you know me." He chuckles and gives me a quick kiss. I smile and as I stand up I feel my knees buckle and I fall back onto the seat. Adrien puts everything aside and picks me up bridal style. "Agreste I can walk. I just wasn't expecting my legs to feel weak too." "Mari are you sure this is normal?" He asks as he lays me in the bed. "Yup it's all cause of the chemo." I turn my head and see his eyebrows furrowed.

I cup his face to comfort him and he leans into my touch. "Agreste I'm fine. Really. I promise." He turns his head and gives me a soft smiles. "Okay. I trust you. If you need anything don't try getting up. Just tell me." "I-" "You need to rest Mari." I sigh and lean back into the bed. "So stubborn." He chuckles and gives me a kiss. "Only when it comes to your health." He walks back over to the fabrics. "Agreste?" "Yes Mari?" "Don't even think about it. I worked really hard on those designs." "You don't trust me?" "Have you ever sewed clothes together?" "No." "Then no. Not with my designs at least." "Teach me then."

I smile and pat the spot beside me on the bed. He grabs the fabric and sits on the bed. I sit criss cross and start showing him what to do. "Like this?" "No that's the wrong stitch." "There's different types of stitches?" I giggle. "You have so much to learn."