Chapter 33: I Miss Her Like Crazy

"Marinette get up." Alya says as she tries to drag me out of bed. "I don't want to go another day without him." "You don't have a choice. Now get up! We have to meet Chloe at the mall." She says as she hits me with a pillow. "Go without me." "You need a new outfit for your birthday next week." "I made a bunch of new outfits for the fashion show. I'll wear one of those." "The only time you leave the house is for school. You can't just stay and mope around all day." "Why not?" "It's not healthy. Hurry and get ready. We need to be there in 15 minutes." I sigh and get out of bed. "Here put these on." She hands me clothes.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"You're late." Chloe says as we walk up to her. "Sorry. Somebody didn't want to get out of bed." "Still not doing any better?" Chloe asks. I shake my head. "Give it-" "Some time. I know. It's been a week though. I don't know how much longer I can go without him." "It'll get easier Marinette." I sigh and nod. "Now let's go find your perfect outfit." Chloe says and drags up into different stores.

~Adrien~
"No it needs to be red roses." I say over the phone. "Well cause red symbolizes love- I'll pay extra if you can get them by next week. That's perfect. Thank you so much." I say and hang up. "Why do you need roses?" "For Marinette's birthday." "I thought you were giving her space." "I can't be without her mom. It's barely been a week and I miss her like crazy." I say with tears filling my eyes. "So you're still going through with the party?" I nod. "She deserves a break from everything going on in her life." She smiles. "I need to go buy some stuff for the party. I'll be back."

~Marinette~
"I've been out of the house for 30 minutes. Can I go back now?" "No. We still need to do more shopping." "But we already bought a bunch of outfits. How many more do we need?" "As much as it takes to cheer you up." "You know what'll cheer me up? A day in bed with a tub of ice cream and The Notebook." "Ice cream! Why didn't we think of that." Chloe says. "There's an ice cream place in the food court let's go." Alya says and drags me to the food court. "I want to go back to your house." "We'll go back after we finish shopping." "That's going to take hours." "Then you'll have to wait hours."

We get our ice cream and take a seat at a table. "Is the ice cream helping?" "You know Adrien and I used to eat ice cream at Andre's before we got together. They say whoever you eat the ice cream with is your soulmate." I say as a tear slide down my cheek. "Maybe ice cream wasn't such a good idea." Chloe whispers to Alya. "No it was a good idea. I like thinking about the things we did together. It makes me feel like I'm still with him."

"That's not healthy Marinette. You're not together anymore." "A little less harsh Alya." Chloe says. "I'm sorry but it's the truth girl. You guys broke up and you need to at least try to get over it." "I am trying but it's not easy. He's my first love, my best friend, the love of my life, my soulmate. He's my everything." "Was." I shake my head. "Us not being together doesn't change that. He always has been and always will be all of those things."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~Alya~
"What about this one?" I ask as I hold up an outfit for Marinette. "I already bought clothes." "You can never have too many clothes." "Marinette! I saw something in the back that you'd utterly love." Chloe says and pulls her away. I turn my head confused and Chloe points to the window. I look and see Adrien walking into a store. "I'll be back." I shout to them and walk over to the store Adrien walked into.

"Adrien?" "Alya hey. What are you doing here?" He asks. "I'm shopping with- nevermind just shopping." "With Marinette?" I nod. "And Chloe." "How's she doing?" "Oh Chloe's great. Her and Luka are getting pretty serious." "I meant Mari." "I know I just don't know if she'd want you to know." He nods. "I haven't really gotten a chance to ask you how you've been. You're as much of a friend to me as Marinette and I'm sorry for not really checking on you." "No it's fine. It's hard being without her. I'm so used to always being by her side. But she made her choice and I have to respect it no matter how much it hurts. I can't live without her. She's my whole reason for existing." I nod. "If you ever want to talk about it more you can always talk to me."

"Thanks Alya. How has she still been feeling?" "Aside from the breakup she seems fine." "She'll pretend she's okay because she doesn't want you to worry. You should still keep a close eye on her." I nod. "So what are you doing here?" "I needed to buy a few more things for the party." "That's still happening?" He nods. "Of course it is. She's been through a lot this year and she deserves to have a day just to celebrate her."

"Alya! I turned around for one second and Marinette booked it!" Chloe says as she rushes into the store. "What do you mean?" "She ran! The first chance she got she took off! For someone as tiny as she is, she runs really fast. I couldn't catch up to her in time." She says trying to catch her breath. "I'll talk to you later Adrien!" I say and run out of the store.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~Marinette~
"I just want to go back to your house and cry my heart out." I say as they drag me back into the mall. "Come on Marinette. This day was supposed to get your mind off the breakup." Chloe says. "I can't stop thinking about it. My mind always wanders right back to him." "Ugh what can we do to help take your mind off of it?" "The Notebook and a tub of ice cream!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"They're made for each other!" I say as I shove a spoonful of ice cream in my mouth. "Marinette we've seen this movie a thousand times. You already know what happens." "Shhh! I haven't seen it yet." Chloe says. "You've never seen The Notebook?" "I don't really have time to watch movies." "Well sit back and get ready for an emotional roller coaster."