Chapter 14: I Want This

"First we'll do male's pictures then we'll move on to you two." The photographer says. Alya and I nod as the photographer leads Adrien and Nino away.

"So how did you two almost kiss?" "I-I don't know. It just- I don't know." "And you said you don't like him." "I- I think I'm starting to fall for him again." I say as I nervously play with my hands. "Is that so bad?" I nod. "Why?" She asks. He's going to get hurt. "I just don't want him to get hurt."

"Girl how would he get hurt? I know you Marinette. You wouldn't do anything to hurt anyone. Especially him." I can't stop this though. I'm going to die. It's inevitable. I shrug. "You don't get it." "I think you should talk to him about this. If you think he's going to get hurt, then he should be the one to decide if you're worth being the one to do the hurting."

"Alya I can't talk to him about this." "Why? Because you know he'll say your crazy? Because he might want more? You have to take risks Marinette. It'll all work it's way out in the end." "I'll think about it." She smiles and nods.

                       ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~Adrien~
"Hey so are you going to tell me how that almost happened? For the second time?" Nino asks with a smile as the girls go and take their pictures. "I'm falling for her." "That's great dude! I can picture all four of us going on double dates."

"Well I won't get a chance to ask her out or anything if you keep interrupting us." I say as I hit his arm. "Sorry dude. How was I supposed to know that you two were about to kiss?" I chuckle and roll my eyes.

"What if I go to Alya's room tonight and that'll get Marinette to leave the room. She'll most likely go to our room and you can tell her how you feel. You can text me when you're done and I promise not to come back until I get that text." "Is this a way to help me or do you just want to spend more time with Alya?" He laughs. "A little bit of both."

                      ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~Marinette~
"Now we'll do the pairs." The photographer says. "First you two." He says as he points to Nino and Alya. They nod and start following him.

"So how do you like modeling?" Adrien asks as we sit down. "It's really nerve racking. I don't know how you do it all the time." He chuckles. "I got used to it. Don't worry you're doing great. You're a natural." I feel blush rise to my cheeks. "Thank you." I say as I nervously play with my hands.

"So do you want to talk about it or are we just going to brush it off?" He asks as he turns his body to face me. "Um I think we should talk about it." He smiles and nods.

"You two come." The photographer says as Alya and Nino walk back. Adrien and I get up and walk over to him. "We need some spice in this shoot." He taps on his chin as he thinks. "Romance!" He shouts as he walks over to the props table.

"Romance?" "Don't tell me you're nervous Mari. You'll be fine I promise." Adrien says as he grabs my hand. I smile and nod. We turn our head when a flash of light goes off. "Off guard romance is perfect!" The photographer says as he looks at his camera. "But now since you're expecting it, take this and hand it to her." He hands Adrien a red rose.

Adrien smiles and turns back to me. He holds the rose out in front of him still holding my hand. "Grab onto it Mari." I nod and we both hold onto the rose. "So about what almost happened." Adrien says as the photographer changes our positions so our backs are touching. I now have the rose and I'm holding up against my chest.

"Yeah um I don't really know what to say about it." "Well I really wish Nino didn't interrupt us." I smile and blush. "Yeah me too." I say as the photographer makes us face each other again. Both of our faces are red. "Rest your foreheads against each other." We nod and do as he says.

"I don't want to hurt you Adrien." "How would you hurt me?" "Okay now time for the group photos." The photographer says. Alya and Nino walk over to us and he starts positioning us in different poses. "We'll talk later?" Adrien asks. I nod my head.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I walk over to Adrien's room and knock on his door. "They took over my room again." He laughs and let's me in. I walk over to the bed and take a seat on it. He grabs a bowl of chips and sits beside me. "This is to eat. Don't dump it on me this time." "Then don't try to tempt me to eat it." I say with a smile.

"Mari?" "Yeah?" I turn to him and see a serious expression on his face. He places the bowl of chips aside. "Earlier you said you don't want to hurt me. What did you mean by that?" "I- I meant that I don't think it would be a good idea for anything to happen between us." His face now with a hurt expression. "W-why?" I turn my gaze to the floor. "I'm going to die in a few months Agreste, and if anything were to happen between us... then it'd just make it harder for you when I'm gone."

"Mari?" I hum in response. "Do you have feelings for me?" "I'd kind of be lying if I said I didn't." I say as my gaze stays on the floor. He smiles and lifts my chin up. My eyes meets his. I feel the blush rise up to my cheeks.

"I have feelings for you too." He says as he leans toward me. I lean in too and our lips finally meet. What am I doing? Pull away! I wrap my arms around his neck to deepen the kiss. I can't pull away. A smile forms on both of our faces. He places one of his hands on my hip and the other on the bed to hold us up.

I shouldn't be doing this. I pull away and get up from the bed. "What happened?" "We shouldn't Adrien. I don't want it to be harder for you." He walks over to me and cups my face. "It's going to be hard for me when you're gone no matter what, but it'll be harder if nothing ever happened with us." He says as his thumb strokes my cheek. I feel a tear slide down my face.

"If you don't want this, just say it and I won't try anything anymore. Everything will still be fine with us. We'll pretend like nothing happened. But only say it if this isn't what you want and not because of how it'll effect me." "Adrien- I- I can't. We shouldn't." He nods and starts to pull away. I grab his arm and pull him into me. I get on my tip toes and kiss him. "I thought-" He says as he pulls away "I- I want this." He smiles and pulls me back into a kiss.

"Wait I need to do something!" He says excitedly as walks into the other room. "What do you need to do?" He comes back out with a bouget of flowers.

"Will you, Marinette Dupian-Cheng go on a date with me?" I smile. "Hmmm" I tap my chin. "Let me think about it." I say teasingly. "Mari" He whines. I walk over to him and place a quick kiss on his lips. "Yes I'll go on a date with you." He smiles and kisses me again.

____________________________________
A/N: I'm sorry that I haven't been updating but I've been really busy with school. Hope you understand!❤️