Chapter 29: She's The Love Of My Life

~Adrien~
"So is everything planned?" Nino asks. I nod. "Every little detail. I hope she likes it." "Trust me Adrien. She'll love anything you do for her." I feel the blush rise up to my cheeks and I smile. "We have to wait and see." "Wait and see for what?" Marinette asks as she, Chloe, and Luka take a seat at the table with us.

"Wait and see how hard the test is going to be for next period." Alya says. "We have a test? Agreste! Why didn't you tell me? I didn't get a chance to study!" She says and grabs all of her stuff. As soon as she gets up she puts her hand on her head and sits right back down.

"Mari? What's wrong?" "It's nothing. I'm fine, I just got light headed. I should really stop getting up so fast." I look at her and I can tell she's not okay. "You've seemed different lately Marinette. Are you sure you're okay?" Alya asks. "Yeah. I've just been focused on getting everything ready for the fashion show." "Marinette-" Chloe starts. "I really need to study. I'll be at the library if you need me."

I gently grab her arm and pull her down so I can whisper. "Mari-" She cuts me off. "I'm fine Agreste. Don't worry about me." She says with a soft smile. How can I not worry about her? She's the love of my life. I don't want anything to happen to her. I just want to keep her safe. If I could protect her from what's happening to her I would. I'd take all the pain she's feeling in a heartbeat. She gives me a kiss before walking to the library.

"I thought the test was next week." Chloe says. "It is, but Adrien's planning a party for Marinette's birthday and lover boy over here almost blew our cover." Nino says as he hits my arm. "I didn't see her coming." I say as I start putting my stuff away. "That's a first." Alya teases. "He just wants everything to be perfect." Nino says. "Don't worry Adrikins, I'm sure it will be." "I'm going to make sure she's okay. See you guys later." I say once I put all my stuff away and get up from the table.

                         ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

~Marinette~
"I wanted to walk to your house today Agreste." I say as Adrien and I get into the car. "I don't think so Mari. You've been feeling weak lately. It won't be safe for you to walk." I roll my eyes and lean back in the seat. "As soon as your feeling better we can walk again." He says as he take my hand. I look down at my hands and smile. How did I get so lucky? He's the best thing to ever happen to me.

"Have you finished sewing the clothes yet?" "I just have to add a few more details and I'm done." "Need any help?" "So you can just mess around while I'm trying to teach you again? No thank you." He chuckles. "I couldn't help it. You look so cute when you're mad." I feel my cheeks heaten up. "And you look so cute when I hit you." "But you didn't hit me." I smile and hit his arm. "See? Cute."

"Mari!" "Agreste!" I say mocking him. He smirks and starts tickling me. "No! Stop! I'm sorry! I'm sorry!" He laughs and continues tickling me. "Adrien! Stop!" I shout in between laughs. "But you're so cute when you're getting tickled bugaboo." He teases as he stops. I hit his arm again. "Don't call me that!" "As you wish m'lady." I roll my eyes and intertwine our fingers again.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Agreste! I mean it. Don't touch them." I say as I put the finishing touches on one of the outfits. "I just want to help." I giggle as he whines. "You can help by not touching anything." He smirks and wraps an arm around me. "I hope that doesn't include you." "Adrien Agreste! I'm trying to work!" He smiles and places a kiss on my lips. "Agreste I love you with all my heart, but I really need you to get out." He chuckles. "I get it. I'm too distracting. I'll get out of your hair." He gives me another quick kiss before walking out of the room.

                        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Marinette can you come down here please?" Emilie shouts from downstairs. I walk downstairs and see a bouget of flowers and a bunch of desserts spread across the table. "We wanted to talk to you." She says as she pulls out a chair. I nod and sit. "We were talking about how terrible your situation-" "Father! What he means is we were talking about how we don't feel comfortable with you worrying about finding a place to live." "Don't worry. I got an interview for a job already. Once I get it I can save up-"

"What we mean is that we don't want you to feel like you have to move out." Emilie says. "Well I don't expect to stay here for much longer." "Can we stop beating around the bush and just tell her already!" Adrien shouts and immediately places a hand over his mouth. "Sorry." "Tell me what?" "We were wondering if you'd like to move in with us?" "A-are you serious?" They all nod. "N-no I can't. You guys have already done so much for me. This is way to much." I say with tears filling my eyes.

"We kind of figured you'd say that so we bought you flowers and made all your favorite sweets." "You made them?" Adrien nods. "We felt like it'd be more special to you." "I- I don't know what to say." "Say you'll move in with us." "Um can I think about it?" They smile and nod. "Of course you can. Take all the time you need." "Thank you so much. For everything." I say and walk back to the room.

                       ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Mari! The fashion show is today. Is everything ready?" Adrien shouts from outside my door. "That's today?" I say nervously and open the door. "Don't tell me you forgot." "I need to get to the hotel and set up. Don't be late Agreste." I say as I run down the stairs. "Don't worry I won't."