Chapter 25: It's A Trap

"I'll be right back Agreste." I say as I walk towards the door. "Wait where are you going?" "My parents texted me and told me they'll be out of town for the weekend, so it's the perfect time to get my designs." "You're talking to them again?" "Nope. They just randomly texted me." I say as I walk out the door with him following me. "It's a trap Mari." "Why do you think that?" "They randomly texted you after about 3 days of not talking." "It's not a trap."

                        ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Told you it was a trap." Adrien whispers. I roll my eyes and walk up the stairs to my room. "Marinette get back down here!" My mom yells. "I didn't come here to fight. I just want to get my designs and then I'm leaving." "Hello Mr. Dupain, Mrs. Cheng." Adrien awkwardly says. I quietly giggle from upstairs as I hear him.

I grab my designs and walk back downstairs. "Marinette! We need to talk!" My mom shouts. "Oh all of a sudden you want to talk?! Well it's a little too late for that!" I shout back. "Marinette we are going to talk whether you like it or not!" "With all do respect, I don't think it's a good idea. She's really upset still and if you guys try to talk about it, it might make things worse." Adrien says. "This is not your place to-" "Actually I think this is his place. He's the only one who's been there for me after all. He has every right to bud in."

"Oh he's been there for you? Where was he the first 3 years?" "Where was he? Where were you! You guys were barely even there! You only went to a few check ups and whenever I stood in the hospital for multiple days you guys didn't visit! You only stood there when I was in surgery! At least he actually has a good reason! He didn't know! So tell me why weren't you there huh?" "We were-" "Looking over the bakery. It's always the same dumb excuse and I'm tired of it." I say with tears falling down my face. "Marinette-" My dad starts. "We just keep going in circles with this conversation. I'm done." I say and start to walk out the door.

"If you leave- then you're no longer our daughter." "Wh-what?" I turn around with more tears filling my eyes. "If you choose to walk out that door then we're disowning you. You will no longer be part of our family." "Y-you don't mean that." "We do." "You can't just threaten me just so I can do what you want!" "Just watch us!" I ignore her and walk out the door. "Don't ever try coming back here! Don't come begging us to pay for your bills! You no longer mean anything to us!" "It's not like I meant anything to you in the first place!" "You made your choice! Now leave!"

"You guys are making a mistake!" Adrien shouts. "Agreste-" "You're idiots! All she wanted was for you to be there for her! She needed her parents! She needed you! How hard is it to be there for your daughter? You guys are going to regret this!" Adrien shouts and walks upstairs to my room. "Agreste what are you doing?" "Well if they're disowning you then you're going to need your stuff." "Once you get all your stuff leave. We never want to see you again." "Don't worry. I promise you won't have to. Just 3 more months and I'm gone for good!"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"I'm sorry Mari. They're making mistake." Adrien says as we sit in the back of the car. He places his hand on my knee trying to comfort me. I put my face in my hands and start sobbing. "I should've listened to you. Part of me knew it was a trap but I thought- I don't know. I guess I was kind of hoping that it would fix things but it only made it so much worse." Adrien lifts up my head and wipes all my tears away even though they still stream down my face. "Once they realize how big of a mistake they made they'll apologize." "I can't wait for them to realize it. I only have 3 more months. They're my- they were my parents. I never thought they'd disown me. I thought I'd eventually be able to go back home to them. What am I going to do now?"

"You can live with me as long as you need. We'll figure everything out together. You and me against the world m'lady." He says and hold out his pinky. I smile and wipe my tears. I wrap my pinky around his and we bring our thumbs up to or lips and place a kiss on them before putting them together. "Always and forever." I say and he smiles. "You always know how to cheer me up." "It's my specialty." He says. I smile. "You really have no idea how grateful I am for you." He smiles and a light shade of pink spreads over his cheeks.

"You're blushing Agreste!" I tease. "I am not!" "The pink tint on your cheeks says otherwise." He smiles and kisses me. "Now we're both blushing." I giggle and rest my head on his shoulder.

                         ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"You don't need to help me." I say as he starts folding the clothes and puts them away. "I know but I want to." "Adrien your father wants to speak to you about the photo shoot with Chloe." Emilie says as she walks into the room. "I'll be back Mari." I nod as he walks out of the room.

"I hope you don't mind that I brought my stuff over." "Of course I don't mind. Make this feel like your home." "Thank you so much for letting me stay here Emilie." "You don't have to thank me Marinette. We love having you." "Don't get used to it though. Once I get a job I'll save up my money and buy and apartment." "Why would you do that? You're not planning on going back to live with your parents?"

"We got into another fight and they kind of disowned me." I say as tears fill my eyes. "Aw honey." She pulls me into a hug. "I'm so sorry. You don't deserve that." She says as she pulls away. I feel tears slide down my cheeks.

"Mom! Did you make her cry?" Adrien asks as he walks back into the room. He says as he cups my face and I giggle. "Of course not Agreste." I say and hit his chest. He wipes my tears and looks at me with concern. "What happened then?" "I was just telling your mom what happened with my par- Um I mean with Tom and Sabine. Wow it's going to take some time for me to get used to calling them that." "I'm sorry this is happening to you. You don't deserve this." He places a kiss on my forehead and pulls me into a hug.

Emilie gasps. "Are you guys dating?" "You didn't tell her either?" I ask as I pull away and hit his arm. "Ow! I thought she knew!" "Oh my gosh, you are! Gabriel they finally did it! They're together!" She says as she rushes out of the room.

Adrien and I look at each other and laugh. "I guess everyone actually, was waiting for us to get together. I thought they were just teasing us." He says. I giggle. "Well it's about time it finally happened." He smiles. "It would've happened sooner if you didn't reject me." "Agreste I told you I had feelings for you that night but I was scared. I still am. I don't want you to get hurt." "Hey, don't even think about it. Let's just focus on the present. I don't want to miss any moments with you." I smile and give him a quick kiss.

"Speaking of presents... what do you want for your birthday Mari?" "We were talking about a completely different kind of present." "Same word, different meaning." He says. I roll my eyes. "So?" "I don't want anything Agreste. You've already done so much for me." "Well I can't just not get you anything." "That's exactly what I want. I don't want you to get me anything." "Fine." He says as he rolls his eyes.