Chapter 46: 3 More Days

~Marinette~
It's been about 2 days since I've been in the hospital and I feel like crap. The only thing getting me through the hours are the visits.

Adrien hasn't left my side since I've been here. He's here every morning when I wake up and every night before I go to sleep. He even sleeps here. He told me he's going to be taking some time away from school so he can spend every second with me.
I told him not to, but of course he was stubborn and completely disregarded what I had to say because he just wants to be with me. I think it's really sweet.

Emilie and Gabriel rarely go home. Tikki and Plagg told me they spend the nights in the waiting room. They only leave in the evening because they need to work. Other than that they're always here.

Alya and Chloe come by before and after school. They bring me some treats. I can't really eat it but when they're not looking I wrap it in a napkin and throw it inside my drawer to give to Plagg and Tikki later.

Nino and Luka visit before and after school as well, but instead of treats they bring me milkshakes. I try my best to drink them but it's difficult sometimes. I still really appreciate my friends' gestures.

Plagg and Tikki haven't left my side either. Well, other than when they check on their other patients. They sleep in my room too. I guess they really did mean it when they said I'm their favorite patient. I'm glad they became my new doctor and nurse. They're the best I've ever had.

As for my parents... well they still haven't shown up. I don't think they will. I don't think we'll ever make up. I made a big mistake when I walked out. I really miss them and I wish they were here. Even though I know they don't care about me, a big part of me will always care deeply for them. They did raise me after all. I love and miss them so much.

Even though they're not here a part of me feels... complete. That's weird right? I guess it's because during this time I've grown even closer to people who truly care about me. I'm really grateful for that. And I guess in a way I have 2 new parents who look out for me and they're-

"Mari?" I put my pen down and look over to the couch where Adrien is laying down. "Why are you awake?" I ask as I place my journal on the dresser. "I can ask you the same question." I scoot over a little making sure he doesn't notice how much pain that caused and pat the spot beside me.

He lays beside me and gently wraps his arms around me. I know that in this moment I'm dying but as he holds me in his arms I feel protected. Like I can beat anything and everything just because of him.

"How are you feeling?" Terrible. Every time I move I get a shooting pain all over my body. "I feel fine." "You're lying Mari." Right as always. "No I'm not." I say and take a deep breath.

"I wish I can make all of this better." "You being here is making it all better Agreste." "It's not good enough." "I think it's perfect."

"Mari? Please promise me nothing is going to happen to you." I let out a small sigh. "You know I can't do that." "I know I just- I don't want you to leave me." "We still have a few days together before that happens Agreste."

"Don't say that. You're going to get the lungs." "Adrien I only have 5 more days. I'm not sure I'll going to get them." "Be hopeful Mari. Our lives together barley started and no way am I going to let anything take you away from me."

I slightly smile and bury my face deeper into his chest. "I love you so much Agreste." "I love you more Mari." He says as he strokes the wig on my head.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I wake up to Adrien shifting. "Sorry, I didn't mean to wake you." I shake my head. "You didn't." I pull him down and place a kiss on his lips. "I haven't brushed my teeth yet." He says mocking me. I roll my eyes. "I don't care." He smiles and kisses me again.

"I'm all out of clean clothes so I'm going to pack a new bag. I'll be back in about 20 minutes. Will you be okay till then?" I nod. "Take all the time you need."

After he leaves the room I grab the tray on the side of my bed and throw up. Plagg and Tikki wake up and rush to my side.

I look in the tray and see it full of blood. Once I finish throwing up, Tikki wipes my mouth and Plagg grabs the tray. "We may have less time than we originally thought." "What? I have less than 5 days then?"

"I'm sorry Marinette. We are doing everything in our power to get you that transplant. You've been moved up the list." "How much time do you think I have left?" I take another deep breath. "Probably 3 more days."

"Please don't tell anyone else." "Don't you think they should know?" I shake my head. "Adrien is already worried enough. I don't want to worry him more." They both nod.

As the time passes by Adrien walks back into the room. "I got you some ice cream from Andre's." He says and places it on the table in front of me. I smile as he pulls a chair beside the table.

"Aren't you going to eat it?" He asks. "I'm not really hungry. Thank you though Agreste." He shakes his head and gets a spoonful of ice cream. "You need to eat something. You haven't really eaten anything since you've been here." He says as he brings the spoon up to my mouth.

I sigh and eat the spoonful. "Thank you." He smiles and kisses me. "Any news about the transplant yet?" "Nope still nothing." "It's okay. We still have 5 days. A lot can happen in 5 days." "Yeah, 5 more days." I mumble.