Chapter 50: I Wrote This As A Goodbye

~3 years later~
"Mari aren't you supposed to be gone already? You're going to be late." "Who cares? They're lucky I even agreed to meet with them." "Mariii" "Okay, okay I'm leaving." I grab my bag and give Adrien a quick kiss before I walk out of our apartment.

We moved out of his parents house and bought our own apartment. We haven't gotten married, yet. Our wedding is actually next week.

I walk out of the elevator of Le Grand Paris and walk into the restaurant. I agreed to meet them here. I see the two of them sitting at a table and they stand up and wave me over.

Here goes nothing. "Hi Marinette." "Tom, Sabine, Let's make this quick please. I have last minute preparations to cover." "Tom and Sabine? Is that any way to address your parents?" "You guys haven't been my parents for a long time."

"We're sorry for that. We 're trying to make everything right now." "You can't just fix everything in a day. You guys disowned me when I needed you the most. I don't think I can ever forgive you for that." "Please Marinette. All we're asking for is one more chance?"

I glance over the both of them as I think. Do I let them back in? Of course not! They're just going to hurt me again. They abandoned me. But then again if it wasn't for there idiotic behavior, I probably wouldn't have told Adrien.

I told him that day not only because I ran into him, but because I felt alone. I got so close to Adrien and fell in love with him all over again. Maybe their behavior actually benefited me in a way.

"One more chance. If you screw it up then that's it. You'll be out of my life forever." "Thank you so much! You won't regret it!" I hope not.

"So how do you want me to walk to down the aisle? What side should I stand on?" Tom asks. "What do you mean? You're not walking me down the aisle." "But the father always walks his daughter down the aisle." "The father or father figure. In my case it'll be the second one."

"But-" "Just because I'm giving you guys a second chance doesn't mean I'm just going to let go of everything. You missed out on a lot of my life. The both of you have. So, no. You won't walk me down the aisle. You're lucky I'm even letting you go. Now are we done here? I really have a lot left to do." "Oh y-yeah. I guess." Sabine says. "Thanks for meeting with us." I nod at them and walk away.

                          ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Wedding Day
"Marinette calm down!" Chloe says. "Calm down? How am I supposed to calm down? I can't find my lucky charm!" "What's so special about it?" Alya asks. "Adrien made it for me after I gave him mine. A few days ago we told each other we'd wear it today."

"Is this what you're looking for?" "Tikki! You're a lifesaver!" I grab the luck charm and wrap it around my wrist. "Perfect." "Hurry up honey. The guests are already arriving and we still need to do your hair and make up." Emilie says as she enters the room. "Shoot! Don't tell me I'm going to be late for my own wedding!"

~Adrien~
"Where the hell is my lucky charm?" I ask as I look under the couch. "Dude get ready. We'll find it after the wedding." "No! I need to wear it during the wedding! I promised Mari."

"Did you check your pockets?" "Why didn't I think of that Luka? Probably because that was the first place I looked!" Plagg laughs as he throws a piece of cheese into his mouth. "It's right here son." "Thanks father! You're a lifesaver!" I grab the lucky charm and wrap it around my wrist.

"The guests are arriving already so Plagg and I need to get into our position." "It's time already? Wow that went by fast." Plagg says as he stands up. "No it's fine we still have some time. Marinette probably isn't even ready yet."