Chapter 37: Lets Get Married

"I didn't get to give you your present last night." Adrien says as he pulls out a little box. "I thought we agreed no presents." I say as we take a seat in the cafeteria. "Just open it." I take the box and open it. "It's a key to my house. The offer to live with us is still on the table."

"Oh- I- I don't know Agreste. I'm staying at Alya's." "But you need a place to live not stay." "Your family doesn't hate me?" "Of course not Mari. They adore you." "But that was before I-" "Trust me Marinette. They could never hate you." I nervously play with my hands. He notices and takes my hand in his. "Come over after school today to see for yourself." I nod. "Did you actually remember to tell your mom this time?" He chuckles and nods. "Yes she actually knows this time. Don't be nervous Mari." I nod.

                         ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Marinette!" His mom shouts as she pulls me into a hug. "Hi Emilie." "I've missed you so much." "I missed you too. More than Agreste if that's even possible." "Hey!" "I'm kidding." She giggles as she pulls away. "We have so much to catch up on!" She grabs my hand and starts to drag me away but Adrien grabs my other hand stopping her.

"Mom I kind of wanted to spend some time with her too." "Adrien you had her all day!" She says pulling me closer towards her. "We need to make up for the lost time and if she goes with you then I'll end up not seeing her for the rest of the day." He says pulling me closer. "I can spend time with both-" "No!" They say simultaneously as they tighten their grip on my hand. "We need girl talk!" "Well we need boyfriend and girlfriend talk!" They say pulling me back and forth.

"Leave the poor girl alone." Gabriel says as he walks in the room. "Gabriel tell our son to let me have my girl talk." "Father tell mom that I want to spend time with my girlfriend." "Gabriel!" "Father!" "Both of you let her go!" As soon as Emilie lets my hand go, Adrien smirks and pulls me into him.

"I won." "Adrien!" Emilie shouts. "Both of you stop! When Marinette moves in you can get as much time with her as you want." "Oh- um- about that. I don't think I should." "What? That's ridiculous Marinette. You have to move in. I don't know how much more of these two I can take. I need girl time." Emilie says. "Well it's just that I'm staying with Alya and her family for now."

"For now? What do you plan on doing after?" Gabriel asks. "Well I'm going to get a job hopefully soon. Once that happens I'll make enough money to be able to afford an apartment." "Nonsense. You're moving in with us. We can't have you living in an apartment on your own. You're barely 18 years old." "I don't want to burden you-" "Mari what did we tell you? You're never a burden to us." "We all love you so much. Please move in with us."

"I-" "If the next word out of that beautiful mouth of yours isn't yes then don't say anything." Adrien says. I roll my eyes and giggle. "Okay. I'll move in with you guys." "Really?" Adrien smiles and pulls me into a kiss. "Okay that's enough! Let me hug her!" Emilie says and pulls us apart. I giggle and hug her. "You won't regret this!" "I will repay you guys for everything one day though."

"Marinette you and my son have practically been married since you were 6 years old. Emilie and I think of you as our daughter in law. You're part of this family. You don't need to repay us for anything." Gabriel says. "Thank you so much Gabriel."

"Wait- Mari did you say one day?" I nod. "Does this mean you want the transplant?" "I haven't told Tikki or Plagg yet but I'm leaning more towards yes." "Thats amazing!" Adrien says and pulls me into a hug. "It's not a for sure that I'm even going to get the lungs though Agreste. So don't get your hopes up."

"You're going to get them. I can feel it and once you get them you're going to be done with this cancer and we'll get to spend the rest of our lives together." Adrien says and cups my face. "We'll give you some privacy." Gabriel says and him and Emilie leave. "Agreste, the cancer can come back and the operation is high risk. If I go into surgery there's a very high chance that I won't make it off that table."

"Don't say that Mari. You're surgery will go perfect, you'll be healthy, and we'll get married, have 3 kids, and a hamster named-" "Adrien. I'm serious. Don't get your hopes up. It's not a for sure that I'll even live that long." "Well what if we do it now?" "What?"

"Let's get married!" "Are you crazy!" "What's so crazy about it? I love you and you love me. So why not?" "Because we're still kids and I'm not even talking to my parents. I need them to be at my wedding." "But-" "Adrien I promise you if I live long enough, then you will for sure be the person I'm marrying. But I don't want to rush it. I've always dreamed of the way I'd get proposed to and it wasn't blurted out. It actually involved a ring." He chuckles. "When we do get engaged and married I want it to be special. Not like this."

"I understand. One day I will propose to you the best way possible. It'll be the most special proposal ever to happen." "I'm going to hold you to that." He rolls his eyes and laughs. I smile and give him a quick kiss.

"How'd you know I wanted a hamster?" "You only told me about it 1000 times. When we were kids you would never shut up about owning a hamster with the love of your life. You even had a name planned out and everything. Mr. Little-" "Hey! The name was supposed to be a surprise for the love of my life. It doesn't help if the love of my life already knows my hamster's name." "Our hamster." "What are we saying? There's not even a hamster." "Not yet. Give it a couple years m'lady."

____________________________________
A/N: I'm back guys! Thank you so much for understanding why I needed the break. The time off actually helped a lot and I got a few new ideas for this story and my next one. I will post the first chapter of my next story once this story is completed. (And the Mr. Little part of the name was confirmed by Ezra Weisz he's the voice actor for a couple characters on the show.)