Part 7: Deal

"Sorry that took longer than expected." Adrien says as he enters the room. "Don't worry about it. You didn't even have to come back." "Mari I'm going to be here for you no matter what you say to try to get me to leave. It's not going to work." He says as he places a hand over mine. I give him a soft smile. He's so sweet and he's always here for me but I don't want to grow even closer to him, it's just going to hurt him even more when I'm gone...

"So how's your mom doing?" I ask shaking my head out of my thoughts. "She's doing great. She's coming back home tomorrow." "Marinette we're ready now." Tikki says as she walks into the room. Plagg walks in shortly after her pushing a wheel chair. "Well I have to get a CT and an X-ray so go home and enjoy the rest of the sleepover." "I'll be waiting here when you get back Mari." "But-" "Marinette let the boy stay." Plagg interrupts. "Okay fine." I say as I get up and sit in the wheelchair. "Eat something though. You didn't get to eat any of the snacks at your house." He chuckles lightly. "I'll go down to the cafeteria right now." "Promise?" "I promise." I nod and smile. "Okay well I'll see you later." I say as they push me out of the room.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"So he's not your boyfriend, but you guys just occasionally hold hands?" "Plagg! He was just being sweet." "I think you two would be cute together." Tikki adds. "And I think you two would be cute together." "Marinette!" They say synchronized. "What? So you can bring up my love life but I can't bring up yours? So unfair." I say with a slight giggle. "We'll answer your questions if you answer ours." "Deal but you have to ask when Adrien is here so I don't get double the questions you get." "Deal." They say.

                         ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Agreste! I made a deal with them." I say as I walk into the room. "What kind of a deal?" "They have to answer any questions we ask as long as we answer any questions they ask." I sit beside him on the couch. "I don't know Mari." "Pleaseeee." I beg with my hands put together. "Fine." "Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!" I say pulling him in a hug. He laughs and hugs back. "You're welcome."

"Okay so we'll start." Tikki says. We nod and turn to them. "Adrien have you ever had feelings for Marinette?" "Does 3rd grade count?" My eyes widen. "3rd grade? Before or after that party?" "Before. That's why they gave us that dare." I slap his arm. "You didn't tell me!" "Ow! Why would I tell you?" "No reason." I say and quickly turn away. His eyes widen and he laughs. "Marinette Dupain-Cheng! Did you have a crush on me too?" He says in a teasing tone. I roll my eyes and ignore his question. "Our turn to ask a question. Tikki have you ever had feelings for Plagg?"

She nods. "When?" Plagg asks turning to her. "Don't worry about it. Um have you guys ever kissed?" Tikki asks. "Once in 3rd grade. Have you?" "Once last year. Do you have feelings for each other at the moment?" Plagg asks. We both shake our heads. "Do you?" They both hesitate to answer. "You do! I totally called it!" I say and jump out of my seat. "Woah woah woah. We never answered the question." "But you hesitated. So you obviously do! Oh my gosh I've shipped you guys since I first saw you together."

"Our turn." Plagg says. "If you don't have feelings for each other then why-" He's interrupted when a nurse walks in and hands Tikki a big envelope. "What's that?" "It's Marinette's X-ray results." She walks over to the light and holds it up. "It looks like everything is good." Adrien sighs of relief. "Thank god." He says and pulls me into a hug. "But you need to stay until we get your CT results." I nod.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Mari? Are you awake?" I hear slightly as I start to fall asleep. "Mhm." I hum and roll over to face Adrien. He smiles softly and pulls the blanket over me. "Go home and get some rest." "I'm not leaving your side until we get the CT results." "Agreste-" "Don't even try to talk me into leaving it's not going to work." He says softly as he brushes a strand of hair out of my face. "I'll be fine." "I know you will be but I'm still staying by your side."

                         ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"See I told you I was fine." I say as we get into his driver's car. "We only know you're fine because I made you come. If we didn't come to the hospital you would've been thinking about it all night." I sigh and sit back in the seat. I hate how he's always right.

"What are we going to tell everyone when we get back?" "I texted Nino and told him we're visiting my mom at the hospital." I nod.

"So when are you going to tell me how you're really feeling about this whole thing?" "How would you feel if you found out you only have 6 months to live?" I ask turning to him. "I guess I wouldn't want to talk about it either." He says. "One day you'll know everything I'm feeling. I promise." I say as I rest my head on his shoulder. Whether it's before or after I die. You'll know. He smiles and rests his head against mine. He holds up his pinky and I smile as I wrap mine around his. We bring our thumbs up to our lips without letting go of our pinkies and kiss them. We press our thumbs together to lock the promise. "You're so cheesy." He chuckles. "You know you love it when I'm cheesy." I laugh. He's right. "You'll never know." I say.