Chapter 12: I'll answer A Few Of Your Questions

"You almost kissed Adrien?!" Alya shouts as I walk into my room. "How did you find out so quickly?" "Nino texted me. So tell me everything that happened!" "Nothing we were just throwing food at each other and almost kissed." "Aaahhh!! I knew you liked him!" "I don't like him!" "So you just go kissing anyone?" "No but it wasn't like that! We just got caught up in the moment." "Sure." Alya says not convinced.

                       ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"So what are we doing today?" Nino asks as him and Adrien barge into our room. "Well we were about get breakfast. You guys want to join?" They both nod.

We grab our breakfast and sit down at a table together. I'm sitting with Adrien on one side while Alya and Nino are on the other. "I can't believe I didn't have to force you to eat." Adrien says as he sees me bite into my waffle. "I know me neither. For the first time in a while I woke up hungry." He smiles and eats his food. "Wait that's not a bad thing right? You randomly getting your appetite back?" He leans in to whisper. I feel my pulse start to quicken when I realize how close he is. I shake my head. "I don't think so." He nods and continues eating.

                       ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Mari!" Adrien yells as he bangs on my door. "I'm going to need my 10 bucks back." He says as I open the door. I laugh and let him in my room. He goes straight to the bed and lays down. "I'm so exhausted." I laugh and lay next to him. "Me too." "Want to watch a movie?" He asks and gets up to grab the remote. "Do I have a choice?" He shakes his head. "You can always go to my room with Alya and Nino." My eyes widen and I shake my head. "I'm fine with a movie."

He chuckles and lays back down next to me. "What movie do you want to see?" He asks. "Just put on anything we're going to end up falling asleep anyways." "Yeah you're probably right." He says and plays the first thing he finds.

"Did you text Tikki and Plagg to tell them that your appetite is back?" "No it'll probably go away again when I get my next treatment." "When do you get it again?" He asks turning his body to face me. "I need to get another cycle when we get back." "Can I go?" "It's going to be pretty boring. It can take as long as 5 minutes to 8 hours." "If I can last an 8 hour flight with you then I think I'd be good." He says with a smile.

"Why do you want to go with me to everything? Don't you find it boring?" I ask turning my body to face him. He shakes his head. "I like being there for you Mari and I know you like it too. Who wouldn't? I'm the best company." I roll my eyes and laugh.

"Want a snack?" I ask getting up from the bed. "No I'm fine." "Wow our roles are reversed today." He chuckles as I walk back to the bed and toss him a cookie. "I know you. You're going to try to eat my cookie and I'm not going to let that happen." I take a bite of my cookie and lay back down in the bed. "Thank you Mari." "You're welcome Agreste."

"When do you think they're make out session will be over?" I ask. "Wow Mari. If you want me to leave just say so." He says putting his hand over his chest acting like I hurt him. I roll my eyes. "You know so didn't mean it like that." He laughs. "I think they'll be done in about 10 minutes." "That long?" "They spent like 15 minutes making out yesterday. What do you think?" "Yeah you're probably right."

"What do we do for the next 10 minutes then?" "We can do what they're doing." He says and winks. I slap his arm. "I was kidding! But we should talk about last night." He says as he rubs his arm. "I thought we were going to watch the movie." "We already missed the beginning It won't make sense if we start watching it now." I nod my head.

"So I'm sorry. I wasn't thinking clearly and I was caught up in the moment." I give him a soft smile. "It's fine. I was caught up in the moment too. I'm sorry." "Don't even worry about it. Let's just put it behind us?" I nod and he smiles. He has such a cute smile- Marinette don't start!

"Let's talk about something else now." He says as he scoots a little closer to me. "About what?" "You. I want to know how you really feel about your situation." "Adrien-" "Come on we have nothing better to do." I sigh. "Fine. I'll tell you." "Really?" "No." I say with a giggle. "Marinette." "I'm joking Agreste. I'll answer a few of your questions." He smiles. "Are you sure." I nod.

"It's the least I can do." I say as we both sit up and lean our back against the bed frame. "Why didn't you cry?" "When?" "When you found out about the 6 months." I shrug. "I just held it in. When I got home I went straight up to my room and broke down." He nods. "If this is to hard for you to talk about we don't have to do it. Let's do something else." "It's fine. It's just weird talking about it. I'm not really used to it." He nods.

"So why didn't you tell anyone?" I sigh. "I don't want people to worry... I don't want them to fear for when I'm going to take my last breath... I also don't want them to have to watch what they say around me. Like if Alya knew, she would've made sure she didn't make that comment about her future. I don't want that. I don't want to treated like if I'm fragile." I say feeling my eyes water. "You know they wouldn't treat you differently Mari." I nod. "Yes they would Adrien. You know they would you're just saying that to make me feel better."

He smiles. "Is it working?" I giggle. "Maybe a little." His smile grows wider. "Than I'm doing my job right." I smile. "I don't want to talk about it anymore. Can we forget about it for the rest of the trip?" He nods. "Thank you for talking to me." I smile again. "Thank you for listening."

"You can have your room back." Alya says as she walks back into our room. Adrien chuckles. "About time. I'm getting tired of spending all my time with Mari." He teases. I grab a pillow and hit him in the face with it. I laugh.

"I'm joking." "Good. Now get out. I'm tired you always hanging around me." He hits me back with the pillow. "Hurts doesn't it?" He laughs. "See you guys tomorrow." He says and walks out of the room.