11.

I had been swept up in letting Izuku make me relax and I actually could give a laugh. I think this was the least I thought about all that bad stuff in awhile. It all seemed so far off in the past and unable to drag me into the depths of my trauma, because of the smiley and giddy nature of the pro hero with his arm slung around my shoulders. He was absolutely the biggest stress relief with him just being relaxed.

"-and then Hatsume just used her flying boots to fly over the obstacle. Everyone was so surprised and she couldn't believe that they actually worked- Oh!" He had been caught up in telling me all about his friends from school.
He was so passionate and expressive when he talking about his friends, even if he would ramble it was still sweet. He pulled his arm off of me and knocked on the door.
Hesitating he looked at me and fiddled with his hands, "This is Hatsume's lab, I should warn you. She will forget about your need for personal space and-"
"I'm sure it will be fine Deku. I will be very happy to work with someone you think so highly of." I placed a reassuring hand on his bicep, and he only nodded his head as he looked at his feet. The door opened eerily slowly and the lights were dark inside. I furrowed my brows peering inside. The place looked like a trash heap.
"Deku? Did we go to-" my wrist was latched onto and pulled inside simultaneously with Izuku. The strength behind the pull made me stumble slightly. The lights were still out as I pulled my goggles off I could make out a woman with pink hair was only mere inches away from my face.

"Hmmmm." She began touching my body and was feeling me up. I was confused and looked to him and he waited, it must be a part of her greeting. Suddenly she popped up. Making close eye contact with me.
"So you can see in the dark but not with those goggles." She began talking fast and incoherently as I saw her eyes flick about.
I looked to Deku then back to Hatsume, "Should I pull my goggles back on so you have light?"
She flicked her eyes up and I watched as her eyes almost spun, "Oh it's dark? I was going through some test products, I can't tell the difference! Hehehe!" She was laughing like a mad scientist as I pulled my goggles over my eyes.
I reached over to the switch that was located by the door and flipped it on. Her lab was a mess, metal scraps strewn about, wires, tools, and so many piles of various fabrics. The walls and ceilings were covered in blueprints and some were on the floor. Off to the side was a table that was relatively clean with some stools, it was metal as well and seemed to have some hologram screens pulled up, showing the designs and measurements. It appeared to be something akin to my goggles that had some text boxes with notes on the sides of the screen.

"Wait you already started?" Deku turned looking to the woman scattering about the lab. She was concerning to watch as she dove into her heaps of presumably failed inventions throwing something's over her should while searching.
"AH HAHAHAHAHA!" She sprung up with a buckle in her hand, "I knew it was somewhere!"
She swiveled her head to her work desk as she sat down in a stool, "Of course I started! It is fascinating coming up with a proper solution to the light level issue, not to mention finally updating to those old things. What are they 13 years old!?"
I looked down at my feet as I twiddled my thumbs. No they were much older. I had been using these goggles since I was in middle school. I mean I had to replace the straps, but nothing had changed. I designed them myself since my eyes became more sensitive throughout puberty. I remembered how those kids would flick the lights off then back on, it made the pain unbearable as though they shoved my eyes into fire. Then they consistently bullied me for wearing these silly goggles.
Deku placed his hand on the small of my back, "Well then you are the inventor," he gently led me to the set of stools with kindness without looking at me.
I sat still on the stool trying not to be too nervous. Hatsume was sure pretty, her pink hair and not to mention her figure was much more elegantly than mine. I started to tap my fingers along my thighs as I nodded. Hatsume was talking fairly quickly and I wasn't sure if I was meant to understand any of it.