12.

This was getting to be very bad.

I should not be acting so silly. This is ridiculous. I looked away from him, I had to.

Hatsume. Hatsume wouldn't have noticed anything, she's at the...

I was seeing her wide eyed staring at Izuku. She glanced up at me as she tightly clutched an ID card in her hand. Her eyes were calculating a mile a minute. She knew. Instantly she knew.

I broke eye contact with her and moved my hands from Izuku's warm palms. I could not let her get the wrong idea. "So, how long do I need to wait for them to be done? A couple of weeks?"
I froze. That sounded terrible. I sounded like I was terrible to a person I just met, who already has some incorrect perception of me. I immediately stood up and gave her a wearily look, "I am sorry that came out horribly rude. I didn't-"

His hand gently touched mine. I swiveled to see him, moving for my hand like that little boy did just a mere hour ago. "Oh, your tone didn't make you sound rude. You were just excited about getting better equipment for work." His radiant smile was right next to me. He was directing the full force of it onto me. I couldn't look at him, I didn't need to.

Hatsume had stayed quiet the entire time. She looked at me with a gentle smile on her face while I attempted to try and gain some distance from Izuku. He let my hand slip from his grasp and I approached Hatsume. "I still apologize for any misunderstanding between us." I gave a small bow to her and stood back up. I looked at her, I suppose she could read me like a book with her amazing eyesight because she nodded her head and a silent exchange occurred between the two of us. I'm not really sure what she thought as she began grinning like an idiot.

A loud ringer went off and I turned around frightened slightly. Izuku quickly reached and grabbed his phone, I knew that ringtone too well. The standard ringtone for hero request, it's been that ringtone since my father's time working...

He spoke in hushed tones, "what do you mean it's happening tonight?" then he looked up at me and I nodded so he knew it was fine to leave. With that, he shook his head slightly annoyed as he was mumbling into the phone, quickly exited the lab. Leaving me with Hatsume.

I stared at the door even after he was gone. I wonder if I would have been called if I wasn't injured? "So, you are going to break that sweet teddy bear in half." She had gone to a computer and was running the card she had through various machines.

I looked at her. Shocked in disbelief. Break him? Him snapping me like a toothpick is more likely. "I am not sure what you are implying?" I watched her for a moment as she turned and looked at me. She analyzed me for a few moments and began chuckling, "Oh dear, you really don't get him. He does not give up easily when he is set on something. You will have to give into him at some point."

Give in? Let him just show how weak I am and grind me into dust so I get swept in the wind. He must hate me so much. Why- His mother. She must have been traumatized by seeing me beat up. I bet he's pissed at me for it. Oh god, my career is over. I bet he is going to use these goggles as a favor to make me quit! I have worked so hard and this is it. I offended the top pro hero and I'm doomed. I let my shoulders slump in the weight of realization. How could I fuck up this bad?

"Why are you so bummed about it? You caught his attention, he's not going to yield only if you beg." Hatsume was like a slap in the face.

I groaned, "Really? That seems a bit... excessive. I just got beat up and I suppose scared his mom." I was rubbing my temples. God, I was developing such a headache. "Was she that traumatized?" I looked up at Hatsume who was utterly confused. Did she not mean that he was angry with me? What on earth was she talking about if not him pissed with me?

"What on earth? ARE YOU THAT DENSE?!" Hatsume shouted as she began laughing and clutching her sides. She was practically wheezing as she wiped some tears from her eyes. "Oh dear lord, is he going to have you a flustered mess!"

I looked at her startled, "W-Why?"What on earth was he planning on doing to me? This was making me more nervous by the minute. How much am I in debt to him? He owes me his mother's life...... I owe him for saving me from criminals, and for getting me home when I ripped my stitches, and these goggles... and the ramen... and working out with me...

How did I allow this!?

Hatsume continued her light giggling as she pulled out something from a machine. "Oh, I am leaving you to figure it out. You can enjoy getting some time together though, he has that big mission which just got moved up, and after he should have some time off." She said then gave me a wink. "You can probably get back at him then."

I froze. She's right! I could help him if he gets injured and get out of debt from him. I ran and gave her a hug, "Hatsume, you are a genius! I can get out of owing him anything for saving my life!"
I was laughing with joy, I had found an escape. I never had to worry about the nature of mine and his relationship ever again!

Hatsume laughed alongside me and she continued working on the creation. Continuing to chat, her telling me about Izuku from school, with her chuckling continuously for various reasons, either she thought back and found something funny or she thought my reaction was comical.

"Then he punched him back in his face!" She continued telling about a fight he had for a close friend battling a slime monster. "How was that villain not dead! Izuku's quirk-" I was cut off by her laughing. "He didn't have his quirk at the time this was something that happened right before high school. Deku was a late bloomer with his quirk."

Things keep occurring and occasionally I would find something strange in these stories. It was helpful information sure, but none the less Izuku was seeming more and more like just an amazing person. A bit unrealistically optimistic, but other than that it was amazing and also how he could be optimistic because he was just that capable.

"Oh! Wait they are done!"Hatsume turned from her position at her work desk and showed me a pair of glasses. They were clear but had something odd about them. The straps were the same brown and far better looking in shape than the ones I had on. I was mesmerized, they still had the bug-like charm that was my hero theme, but the goggles were completely different.

I felt the excitement boiling within me die out. Izuku really wanted to see me put them on... I looked up at Hatsume and took the goggles but put them in my pocket, "I'm waiting to put them on until he's here. Since he's the whole reason I'm able to have these."

Hatsume smiled at me, "Oh are you sure you don't want him to put your goggles on for you again?" She teased me and I huffed. I pouted with my arms crossing my chest, "I didn't ask him to do that in the first place."

I was staring down shuffling my feet on the tile floor. Nobody has ever put my goggles on for me. Most people just hand them to me, or I get them myself. It was so nice to have someone want me to be able to look.

"Watch are you thinking about? Something naughty based on how your blushing~" Hatsume wiggled her finger and poked my arm, breaking my trance on the floor. I blinked a couple of times trying to process what she had said.

"Huh?" I was pondering as she started rummaging through her drawers at her desk again. She shook her head as she chuckled, "Oh dear you aren't even aware of yourself, are you? Oh, he is going to have to really try hard."

I paled slightly.

Oh god, what is he going to do to me.

—————————————————

1468 words.

he is going to rail you-

noooooo dear readers

must be at least past the third date for railing to occur, have some standards.