32.

It felt like I had not done much other than work. I knew what was coming around soon, the hero ranking. It was always such a big deal every year. Things always happened around the Hero Ceremony. Heroes would sometimes increase their hours, get more publicity, etc. News outlets would try and get the best story or make predictions, Fashion designers would try to get the best heroes to wear their new dress-

I didn't think much about the hero ranking. I was never a person that was pinned after by the magazines or the best upcoming rookie. I never got one of the nominations or a special addition to my invite, it was the same one each time that was sent with my updated file that is mandatory. Heck one year, I didn't even get to attend to watch others get their awards instead I got put on patrol.

Even the increase of how heroes took interviews and did advertisements baffled me. Everyone should be trying to do their best year-round. The invitations wouldn't come until a few weeks, yet the excitement of the hero community was in full throttle.

It was night patrol, one of my favorites. Well more like an early morning at 5 am, being on patrol since 1am I had started to grow incredibly bored. I had found myself flying onto rooftops just looking for any activity. So many heroes were on patrol, it was like watching people come out of the woodwork. I watched the giant screens playing advertisements on sprawling skyscrapers.

I paused as my eyes caught a glimpse of something. I perched myself on the roof as I saw two figures on the building across from my place. I couldn't make out the faces of the people but something felt off. I dropped off the building and dove as to ensure that I wasn't spotted. Once I was across the gap, I landed on the side of the building. Thank you Hatsume for adding the grips pads to the toes and fingers of my suit. I scaled up the side with ease as I slipped my antenna from the confines of my helmet. Hatsume said that the visor recording was still a work in progress but it wouldn't hurt if it managed to catch the faces of these guys. I reached up to my helmet's visor and hit the button Hatsume had put in. Now everything I see could be caught on camera, too bad the helmet couldn't pick up audio yet.

"Nobody thinks it is worth the risk-" "Persuade them." "They need assurance-" "Tell them we are getting them out." I could tell that there was a sense of shock. "How many?" "Enough for an army." I would be able to take these two in for further interrogation, but I could just wait for more info. "Shizuoka prefecture will seem like a small incident."

I could feel my heart race. Shizuoka prefecture had just finally had all the damage taken care of, if these two were involved in the planning then I am in deep shit. I pressed the button on my helmet waiting for an answer. I was waiting on the line and nobody could be bothered to answer. I can get the surprise on the two of them if I manage to get the one with the most intel-

"Look at the fly on the wall." I cringed. Well, that plan is out the window. The two were staring down over the ledge of the building at me. The one seemed relaxed, he was Rein Tsutsumi. Well known for the many times he has evaded custody, dark hair with pink streaks in it. He was the son of Kaina Tsutsumi, but he was better than his mother could have ever been as a villain. The other who looked shaken was someone I didn't recognize. Must be a part of the underground crime ring.

"Seems you don't know your bugs, Rein." I let go of the building allowing my wings to carry me, quickly flying upwards. Rein knew more than the other he is the top priority. The other had already made a break for it, I could only hope that this wouldn't be regretted.

Rein had already brought himself into the air. He was looking for a fight. "Sorry, you adorable Roach. You should have just stayed in the dark." He had already started to rush me. I was not a good match for his quirk. He began slicing air to try and kill me.

I had too much information.

I swiftly turned and flew through the maze of buildings. Rein was at my heels, just waiting to find a way for me to lose. I just hope he is dumb enough for this. I quickly dove towards the right, and into the opening. Going too fast to stop I rolled across the ground of the giant parking deck. I looked behind me, he hadn't followed through. I got up from the ground and quickly began running trying to get away from my known location. I flipped up my device on my wrist, hitting buttons while I jumped over the wall to get down to the floor below.

"Fuck! Hello, Pro Hero Roach. ID 56789," I looked and noticed that the reception of the device was lacking, "Fuck!" I stopped my descent and quickly went to the outer walls of the garage. "Currently Rein Tsutsu-"

"Hello bugaboo." He peered through the window and I quickly took off running again. No signal. I started running upwards.

"REIN TSUTSUMI IS GOING TO KILL ME YOU USELESS GADGET!" I quickly jumped up to a new floor and started running towards the window.

"It is a real great time meeting someone as nice to look at as you-" Of course I am currently getting hit on by the crazed villain.

I saw that I had one bar and jumped over a parked car before darting to run along side the outer wall. "REIN TSUTSUMI IS PLOTTING ANOTHER INCIDENT LIKE-" I was immediately side swiped as he barreled into me. "Sorry Sunshine! I can't let-"

Caught my breath quickly as the both of us continued hurling. He went to move away as the wall got closer. I latched tightly onto his torso, as long as I keep him from escaping my grasp I won't have to worry about him doing whatever that was again.

I still had signal, "SHIZUOKA PREFECTURE! THEY ARE GOING TO BREAK OTHERS OUT!" He freed his hand enough to grab my helmet. "You have to make everything so difficult-"

He unlatched my helmet and chucked it off. That pissed me off and I reached around under his arms and threw him to the ground. I pinned him face down and sat back on his legs while wrestling his arms behind his back. "Kinky doll, you you should learn one thing. Don't put the fuse by a match."

I winced when he said that, "God damn it-"

—————————————

1167 words.