27.

It was finally past me, the extra hours to make up for not being called in. It was movie night. It was made clear that almost everyone was showing up. It was slightly intimidating, I had not anticipated everyone actually being able to make it. Hanta and Tsu weren't able to help set up as they were doing the patrol to end the night hopefully so they would not be called out. I checked the list of everything I would need on my phone.

MIDORYIA IZUKU
1 new message...

-Hey! Super excited for
movie night but do you
need any help with anything?
I am done earlier than expected
and can help you out!

Well... I am going to
the store right now.

-Okay, I will meet you there!

Deku I didn't mean you
have to come grocery
shopping with me. I meant
I am not going to be at my
house when you get there.

-Yep.

-So that's why I'll see you at
the store! Crisis averted.

Only crisis is that you would
be alone for a few minutes
outside my apartment.

——————————————————————-

I thought about arguing with him. It would be futile but still, I didn't want to make him feel any more stressed than he had to be. He was the number one hero after all his friendships should be something that's doesn't bring unnecessary drama into his already very hectic life.

I enjoyed the fun and goofy person he could be, and that he enjoyed movies. I hope that everyone will be excited about the movies picked. I tried to get a little bit of everything. There would be some Thriller, Romance, and Horror movies that I couldn't wait to see. I made sure to try and grab the list that Sero compiled from everyone else. I couldn't handle asking that many people, but thankfully Sero was friends with almost everyone... or he knew Kirishima who actually compiled the list. I knew that everyone was planning on coming: Hanta, Tsu, Mina, Ochaco, Momo, Kyoka, Izuku, Denki, Eijiro, and even Katsuki. I was going to have the most people over that I have ever had in my house. Okay, that I have sought to ever talk to even.

Jaws, The Princess Bride, The Shining, and Signs. Why were the majority of the movies scary? Right the group of fright lovers: Momo, Mina, and Tsu. With them agreeing probably to increase the amount of fright... I wonder who else picked The Princess Bride besides Hanta and Kyoka... I mean it is the only way we can get them to even watch the horror movies is if they get their romance.

I already had put in for Jaws, it was a movie I had yet to see but had heard all about. The strange thing is most people know the plot but haven't actually seen it. I was ready to finally see some of the movies on the list though, The Shining was something I had yet to see. Both I heard great things about, I checked the listen of snacks was in my pockets as I had already placed the order for the pizzas, of many variety and amounts. I already had most of the drinks in the fridge, I didn't bother getting much alcohol as Pro heroes we already are pushing it with the junk food... besides I wasn't a big fan of it myself but I knew that Mina and Tsu had already planned on bringing such kinds of drinks. Maybe this is what it would have been like to have gone to a party back in high school...

I quickly went downstairs and waved to Yuno and Yuki who were talking at the main desk. I could have Izuku help with carrying the groceries. I walked to the nearby store as I went to open the door I was met with Izuku in a mask. He pulled it down quickly so I could tell it was him, even though his tall stature made him easy to spot. He even was wearing a hat attempting to hide his green curls from being recognized.

"You took so long to get here." He said as he gave me a grin. I rolled my eyes and picked up a basket to carry, "Well I told you to just go to my house but instead you decided to come grocery shopping with me." I began walking around the store with the list and basket hanging on my arm, "Okay so after this we can pick up the pizzas I ordered, also who in the world requested the habanero pizza?"

Izuku let out a sigh, muffled slightly as he mumbled as normal, "Bakugo Katsuki that's who, the person who also tried to train himself to take bites out of ice cream." I covered my mouth to stop laughing in public. The last thing that we wanted was to attract attention, especially since Izuku is so easy to identify.

We casually walked down the isles collecting the items we would need off the list. I had gotten popcorn, three different ice creams, five bags of chips, and then we finally made it down to the candy aisle. This was perhaps the isle that had the most items to grab on it. Gummy bears, coffee candies, jelly candies, hard candies, marshmallow candy, taffy, sour candy, and chocolates to get on the list.

Izuku began picking out the majority of the candies as I held the soon filled to the brim basket. I was excited as Izuku looked at something on the top shelf, I couldn't see what he was looking at as he reached back and pulled down one of my favorite candies, the Meiji, the Mount Fuji chocolates that we had before at the cafe. We had just about everything a person could ever want in a candy collection. Some sour gummies, coffee chocolates, I was excited as we made it without incident to the register. The store was a bit slow as we stood patiently in line. Izuku helping me unload the basket onto the register and put it back in the stack at the front of the store.

"Oh, what a handsome young man you managed to snag." I was confused as the cashier looked at me and Izuku. He stood next to me and even with the mask I could see how red his cheeks were.

"Um, actually-" Izuku cut me off, "Yep sure am lucky to have them in my life!" I eyed him up and down.

What was he thinking? Is he trying to cause an uproar? I hope that lady has no idea who we are.

I shook my head and started carrying the bags in my arms, it only took three of the paper bags to fill from the previous basket. I was struggling to grab my yen from my pocket when Izuku reached into his pocket and paid for my items.

"Mido-" I quickly cut myself off. I can't use his name that everyone knows. I shook my head as I began to bicker with him, "No, I am paying you can just hold-" He looked down at me and narrowed his eyes, "Is this going to be like the time I fought with you to do the dishes? Need to remind you how that went?" I could see the dumb smile on his face even with the mask on. I turned my face away and he handed the yen to the lady, "Here you go, miss." She gave him back his change as we made it out of the store walking down the street.

—————————————————

1273 words.

Hot damn! WOOOOOO I do just want someone to go grocery shopping with me okay. I, as a 5'4 indivual would like it if i didnt have to jump to reach the items pushed a little further back on the top shelf. I dont believe in top shelves they are created by evil people who want to watch me struggle for 3 minutes trying to get the can oc cambells chicken noodle.

oh in advance the next chapter... its long... im not even done with it but the outline is already 200 words when normally i do the outline in 100.

sooo hope yall excited for that.