8.

I was packing my bag full of gym equipment. My ankle and wrist weights, the extra bottles of water, some medical supplies in case I rip my stitches again, only the usual things.
I remembered that I had promised my old textbooks to Yuki. I went into my hall closet and reached for the top shelf. Eventually jumping I reached the old box of my college textbooks. Hopefully, this would help him out, the poor kid was working his hardest. The phone in my bag vibrated and I reached in and grabbed it. I sighed as I read the text on my screen. I wasn't allowed to participate in active duty for another week, locking my phone I stared at the black screen. I shoved my phone back into my bag walking quickly to my door. I let out an annoyed huff as I locked my apartment door as I left.

"Oh Roach, I was just coming to inform you that there are a couple of reporters surrounding the entrance of the building." The receptionist came over to me in her uniform. Her soft pink hair framing her face. 
I sighed, "I am terribly sorry. I will handle them but can you give these to the doorman, Yuki?"
I held the old box in my arms and Yuno nodded frantically, "Thank you! I am sure he will be happy to have these!"
I smiled, "Seems you and him are very close."
I continued to walk with her towards the elevator.
She had a blush on her face, "Well, we have been on a few dates. I really like him and he is super sweet. Actually, it is stupid but I really don't think I could do without him."
Her demeanor had shifted from business to casual, she fiddled with her hands as she smiled with a far-off look. She was love struck and so was genuinely enthralled with that boy, and he was with her too everyone knew that from the moment she said hi to him.
I laughed, "Well good luck." I handed her the box. "I will make sure those reporters leave you alone now."

She took the box carefully and went to the desk and slid the box underneath. I looked to see the few reporters but the amount was staggering.
I opened the door with my hand gently and stood at the entrance. I held the strap of my gym bag tightly in my hand and I gazed at the reporters, "Excuse me? What is going on?"

They all seemed to turn and look at me than a flurry of bright lights. I pulled my arm up to shield my eyes as I wound them shut. "Who are you? What is your connection with the hero? What is the significance of your relationship?" The barrage of questions was coming too fast and the flashing of the cameras hurt my eyes even with them closed.

The reporters continued shouting at me. I couldn't even understand what they were asking at this point, they just kept talking over each other and my head started to split open from the pain in my eyes. I grit my teeth and shouted over them, "Hey! Knock it off with the flash! Didn't you guys do any research before stalking me and harassing the people at my apartments?"

The camera flashing ended instantly as I stood tall and looked at the crowd. Everyone was silent. I pulled my goggles off slightly and rubbed my eyes before pulling them back on. I collected myself and took a deep breath. I looked over at all of them who were waiting kind of nervously.
I paused and thought back to their questions, "I have been injured and have had servals friends and others stop by as they were concerned about my health. Recently I reopened a wound and a friend came by to help me out. Can you please stop making these false ideas?"
I looked sincerely at the reporters and they all stared at me. Some of them seemed discontented with my words while some of them just seemed to settle with what I gave them.

"Roachie!" I turned around and saw the doorman smiling brightly, "Thank you for the textbooks! I will put them to good use!" Yuki shouted at me from the door, "You are such an awesome person! I can finally focus on my nighttime college classes! And with the extra money that I saved on these books, I can take Yuno on a proper date!"
I nodded at him and threw him a hand of acknowledgment, "Take her someplace fun! You know she adores you!" His face went red and he nodded his head politely before returning into the building.