~A Twist in Personality~9~

4k reads good god thank you guys so much!

Just wanna give a heads up I might be a bit slower with updates soon because the school year is beginning to close up a bit and I have projects and tests I gotta focus on. But I'll try my best to balance it

-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-

The stone walls of the basement echoed back the sound of laughter as the man that who had looked terrified only moments ago, now shook violently with what seemed to be some kind of hysteria.

"Ha! What the hell then... Why can an enderman communicate with a human, It makes no sense!" 

Boo  was almost mortified. The man's personality had completely changed and twisted into something that made him violently uneasy. As if he had shed some kind of snake's skins and was baring his true fangs.

The man seemed to snap back to reality and had ceased his odd fits of laughter. He now looked at Boo as if he were some sort of newly created specimen in a lab. A mixture of content and excitement were clearly visible in his eyes.

"Now then, if you're not Matthew- or even any human for that matter, what exactly are you huh?"

Boo was slightly confused, was it not clear what he was? He's just an enderman. Sure he always felt a little distant from the others of his kind, but endermen weren't really social creatures...

As if reading Boo's minds, the man spoke again before Boo could think of a proper answer, 

"You... can't be JUST an enderman, I- I've never heard of something like this happening in all my years of living..." Again the man seemed to dip into a state of confusion, however, it was only for a moment.

Boo watched as the man now look at him with a purpose, the look of curiosity and interest was no where to be found in both the man's eyes. They were now devoid of any traceable emotion, but they still seemed to peer into Boo's very being. Boo shifted and whimpered from this new kind of eye contact.

The man slowly got up from his slouched position against the wall.

"An opportunity like this is quite rare... I still don't quite know what happened to Matthew, but at least this confusion lead to something a little more worth my time."

Boo was completely unprepared for what happened next as the Man sprinted towards him with the speed of a nimble cat. The man somehow slid to Boo's left side and brought him to the ground by kicking the back of his thins knees, causing him to buckle to the floor, letting out a gargled scream.

In the midst of this chaos, Boo had lost all rationality and only seemed to focus on trying to attack the man in fear, rather than teleport away and escape while he was still able.

An amalgam of airy chuckles and violent, bone-chilling screams now reverberated throughout the basement and could even be heard from the upstairs, where the two cats has retreated to and were currently huddled together safely in a corner.

The skirmish continued as Boo resisted with all his strength, letting loose a flurry of purple particles and shaking wildly, trying to escape the abnormal grip of the strange man who seemed to be enjoying the thrill of the fight a little to much.

Just as Boo seemed to be gaining the upper hand, the man quickly fumbled around his side pocket and pulled out a small shard of a weird shiny object Boo had never seen before. But before Boo could attempt to identify this sharp thing, the Man brought it up to Boo's vibrating eyes, holding it there to the best of his ability.

All of sudden, Boo was mentally back at the old village of snow and bad memories.

There in that small shard was his old friend who Boo had almost forgotten about due to his lack of recent appearances.

His very own reflection...

Expressionless, his own face gazed back at him and whispered to him slowly,

"Boo."

And the world went black around him.

-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-

Reflection be like, ayo long time no see my home slice

Fun fact I usually listen to the undertale OST when writing chapters, been a hardcore fan since 2015 baby >:D

Again, do tell me if there's any typos, I dont mind u pointing them out.