~Reborn from Rubble~18~

ugh school

im so tired..

-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-

When Boo came to he was on the ground and couldn't hear a thing.

At first he didn't want to move, his body ached and he was sure that he could taste blood in his mouth.

Taste?

Boo was pretty sure he had never really been able to taste anything before...

Weird.

Boo decided to worry about that later, he was aware his body probably looked a little different, to what extent however was what he was most worried about...

A sharp ringing began to make its way into his ears, Boo winced in pain, but then suddenly sound began to enter clearly again. He could hear some of the flames left over from the explosion crackling around him as well as the scattered crumbling of some of the debris.

Boo became suddenly aware of the burning sensation filling his lungs; he needed to get out soon, he could already hear a bit of water beginning to leak in from the outside through the cracks in the walls.

Shakily, Boo rose to his feet, a few glass shards falling off of him and shattering onto the ground as he does so. Slowly, he opens his eyes; the room is still a bit blurry so he gives his eyes a few good rubs to clear them up. It seemed to have done the trick because when he lowered his hands from his face he was shocked to find that one of them was a clear, stark white. On top of that they seemed to be a bit smaller in size-- even his claw like fingertips were duller. Boo's vision is then drawn to his feet, which, strangely enough, have the same coloring now as his hands. Now that Boo really looks closely, he can see that his entire body in fact, seems to be split down the middle, half black on one side, half white on the other.

'What have I become...'  

Boo's existential identity crisis is cut short when he hears grunting and the crumbling of more debris coming from behind him. 

Neil.

Of course! 

If Boo's arms didn't ache he would have smacked himself on the forehead. Boo had almost completely forgotten about him! However he was conflicted as to whether he should feel glad that his friend was still alive, or disappointed that his crazed captor wasn't killed in the explosion.

Boo shakes his head trying to clear his head of all the conflicting thoughts that seemed to have flooded his brain ever since he awoke from the explosion. Having helped a little Boo turns around to face Neil.

In the corner of the burning lab, struggling to escape is Neil's dirty-- yet usually skinny body trapped under large amounts of broken equipment and debris.

Boo shuffles over to him, his body still a bit achy from the explosion and the small transformation he had been through. When Boo finally stops in front of Neil he takes a deep breath and pretends for a moment that hes not scared out of his mind. Neil stops wriggling for a moment, he gives out a few wheezy coughs and then finally looks up at him. Their eyes meet for the first time since the experiment. Boo however, feels a new found power in this fleeting moment. He's the one towering over Neil in that moment. He's the one who is free to escape while Neil is trapped on the floor. He's the one who could decide Neil's fate in an instant...

While Boo is aware of all of these factors, his instinct around Neil is to cower and make himself feel small.

'Not this time'  Boo thinks to himself 

Boo straightens his posture and keeps his expression calm, yet fierce. He has seen what kind of person Neil is, he has made his judgement that Neil is too far gone to save properly. But, he needs to make some sort of amend for his sake; one final conversation with this pathetic human that lies on the ground beneath him.

-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-

Ive been exhausted lately but I wanted to get at least something out even if its short.

I got the next chap already half mapped out so hopefully it wont take AS long but well see...