~Calm as I Conclude~21~

last chapter you guys, buckle in

-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-

Boo-

No.

Ranboo, had been walking for a few days. There was something nostalgic about walking across the earth alone. It felt like he had done this once before. 

Maybe in another life? 

Who knew.

Of course, Ranboo had a lot to think about now. His time walking was also spent self-reflecting on past choices, past memories and past regrets. 

The past seemed to never leave him alone. It clung to him like a tick, constantly draining him of everything he had. Some days it took a lot out of him just to keep on walking; to keep watching the peaceful landscape unfold around him while he still lay trapped in his own dissolving memories. 

That was another thing that ate away at him, his memories. Of course he had noticed that he could barely recall anything from before Neil now. Heck, even some parts of his time with Neil seemed fuzzy already. Ranboo did however, recall that the memory issues seemed to only go downhill after... after the... What was it?

Oh, the voice experiment! Yes, yes of course. When Ranboo was first able to talk was when his mind started to shatter. When he started... losing himself.

-+-

One day when trudging through a snowy forest, Ranboo encountered a pack of wolves. They  were making their way across the icy landscape together, padding off to who knows where. Some of the wolves kept watch behind the pack, making sure the cubs and everyone else kept going and stayed with the group. 

It made Ranboo think of his own loneliness. He longed for some sort of companionship after so many days alone with only himself. His time with Neil was insufferable, sure, but he had never been alone. There was always someone just a call away in that lab. It had habitually comforted him in some ironic way. But he wasn't sure if he could even learn to trust someone again. Neil had been right about one thing: that he had a bad habit of running away. 

Did that make him a bad person?

Was he even worthy of someone's trust again? 

Ranboo shook his head. There he went again, diving too deep into his own head; dissecting his own personality like he did too often on his journey to nowhere. 

His body let out a shiver, alerting Ranboo that it had actually gotten pretty cold around him (As if he hadn't been walking through snow all day barefoot already). His body seemed more sensitive after the experiment, more prone to the weather he had found. Maybe he needed some of those clothing... things Neil always wore, which covered up the bulk of his body. 

Ranboo scanned the forest, he doubted anyone lived out here in these harsh conditions. He was probably out of luck trying to find any clothes out here. It wasn't t'ill a day or two later, when Ranboo was out of the cold, dense forest and in a much warmer and open area when an opportunity arose. He had spotted a stone house in the distance. It was a small little thing, with a wooden roof and chimney with no smoke blowing out from it. As he got closer, he could see that someone definitely still lived there currently, but they most likely weren't home at the moment. On one side of the house was a long string of wire attached to two wooden poles. On these poles, lie various articles of clothing. There were underwear, socks, a few colorful shirts as well as a plain dress shirt, and finally a whole tuxedo suit and pants, just sitting there out in the open. Seeing as the tuxedo outfit was the only one that came with matching pants, Ranboo opted for the whole fit, just to seal the deal. 

Getting the clothes on was another story though. Ranboo had never actually seen anyone get dressed in his life. He was pretty much going off common sense at this point, and even that was limited on his part. However, finally, after almost half an hour of trying to get the clothes on in the right order, or put the pants on facing the right direction, he finally had a slightly coherent outfit on his new body. 

Something interesting he found too, was that inside the tuxedo, there had been a hidden red string of fabric that Ranboo had never seen before. It was smooth and almost glossy in a way. He had seen Neil wear stuff similar to the tuxedo and pants before, but never with this thing on. It seemed to already be tied in some weird loop that made Ranboo mildly want to stick his head through, just for fun. So that's exactly what he did. At first it just hung loosely around his neck, but after he messed around with it for a bit, figuring out if he could modify the knot, Ranboo found that the fabric now fit a little more snug around his neck. It still wasn't super tight, and it probably would look sloppy to anyone who knew how it was supposed to look (probably the owner of the outfit in the first place), but Ranboo liked it. It was something new, and it felt like him. He felt like he had more of an identity now, some sort of brand even. 

So, he set off again after that. Now with a new sense of style, still no shoes, and slightly more weather protection than before. 

He also had a destination in mind now. 

He had learned recently from some of the passive mobs of the land, that there was some sort of city not far from where he was now. They usually warned him that going there was a risk, that many of the people there were strange and often bickered with each other, but Ranboo was desperate. He longed for another person to talk with. Sure the mobs would sometimes stop and have a short chat with him, talking about the weather or something they had seen on their journey, but they never stayed for long. They always had somewhere to be. Somewhere they needed to keep walking too. What Ranboo needed was a home. A place where he could feel like he belonged. Something to be a part of.

So he headed in that direction. Resisting the advice of the mobs, he stumbled onward. 

Everyday as he grew closer, his anxiety started to bubble forth, overflowing like a fountain and planting doubts in Ranboo's head.

What if they don't accept him?

What if he's too different?

Will they ask about his past?

Who he was?

Where he came from?

Will they make him participate in their petty squabbles?

He did not know.

As he looked to the horizon, he could spot a large flag waving in the distance, accompanied by large stone towers and wooden buildings. He did not know what the future would hold for him.  But he already knew that the past was ten times worse. So he kept going. 

In doing so, he leaves The End far behind him. 

Hes completely forgotten that by now anyway. 

He leaves Neil behind as well. 

it's only so long before he loses him to the motion of time though.

He thinks innocently, if maybe he could rise to the top in this new place. Become the leader possibly?

He shakes his head and lets out a warbly chuckle. 'Keep dreaming'  he thinks.

Dreams have always been a silly thing to him anyway. 

They never mean much in the end.

-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-

or do they? :0

~And that's all folks!

Thank you guys for reading this lame story

Your support made it all the better to write this!