~Life Ongoing~14~

^I did a ranking thingy, take it as you will (I didnt make the format tho)

sorry for the wait, last few weeks of school im bouta pass out

-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+--+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

A few weeks had flown by and Boo begin to adapt and settle a little more into his surroundings. Neil had actually taken the time to teach Boo some vocabulary and even a little bit of basic math. Everyday at around 12pm Neil would come into the lab room, usually with some sort of book in hand, and sit down in front of Boo's cage in order to give him some simple education (and probably to test Boo's capabilities, that's what Boo thought at least). Because of this, Boo began to actually think of Neil as a kind of... friend, he trusted him a little more and appreciated him teaching Boo all kinds of new things. Thinking back to the conversation a few weeks back, Boo just assumed that his eyes had played some sort of trick on him and that Neil had never smirked during their talk; Neil wasn't that kind of person after all.

Recently Neil had began to do some small experiments regarding Boo's brain. Neil would tape some wires to Boo's head and administer small controlled shocks in certain areas and monitor  Boo's reaction both on the outside and inside, which he could see on the small computer in the side of the room. (Boo had asked a few days ealier what the small, black screened object was and Neil happily told him, almost like he was thrilled someone had asked about his machines).

Boo had nothing much of these experiments other than that they caused him a bit of discomfort, but nothing major. However, recently Boo began to notice he would forget minor things every now and again. It started with him forgetting that he had already done an experiment with Neil one day and then asking him if one was scheduled for later that day. Neil had taken notice of this development right away and recorded everything about this specific side-effect in a journal that Boo didn't know too much about. Gradually Boo began to become self aware of this forgetfulness, however he wasn't too concerned about it because it never escalated any farther then a couple incidents per week.

One day Neil wanted to try a unique experiment, which he said probably wouldn't be too bad. Neil brought Boo a plate with a ham and cheese sandwich neatly placed in the center and asked him to try and eat the whole thing just to see what would happen. As simple as it seemed, Boo had actually never eaten anything since coming to this dimension, sure he had a chorus fruit every now and then in The End, but endermen never had the need to ingest substances in order to gain energy so he mostly did it out of curiosity and boredom. 

Boo picked up the sandwich with his thin hands and brought it to his jaws, he gave it a hesitant inspection, letting his eyes gloss over every aspect of it before quickly eating it in a swift few bites. He couldn't really taste it, Endermen didn't really have a need for that. Everything seemed normal afterwards, Boo looked around to see if anything happened to his senses possibly but as he looked downwards he noticed the plate in which the sandwich had previously been handed to him on was made of a highly reflective, yet cheap, metal. Instantly Boo regretted making eye contact with his own reflection with the plate as he was transported inside his own little mind space once again, face to face with himself. Boo noticed something off however, his reflection seemed much more pale and almost...transparent?

 Boo expected his reflection to belittle him in some sort of way, which was often the case when this sort of thing happened. However; this time, his reflection had a more serious demeanor about him, this was much more apparent when he began to talk in a slightly hushed voice,

"Your forgetting things Boo, things which are much more important than you think, you simply haven't taken the time to notice them yet."

Boo was confused on what he meant, surly he hadn't forgotten of major importance in the past few days...

His reflection continued, 

"I cant survive on fleeting memory fragments Boo, you can see it too, I'm fading." 

Boo was aware his reflection had brought him nothing other than suffering and bad memories, but in that moment he couldn't help but feel a few drops of pity for the ghostly figure.

"Its been hard to talk with you lately" the reflection continued, "I know you probably don't want to listen to the things I have to say, but just this once... hear me out. You cant get too comfortable around Neil, because I am but a spectator in your head, I notice things you don't some times. I saw that smirk he pulled Boo. You may have fooled yourself into thinking it hadn't happened at all, but it did. Do not put too much trust into him. Things he said about his past added with that single smirk...he's not the friendly person you make him out to be. Be wary Boo.

Boo's purple eyes shot open, he felt the coldness of the ground against his dark cheek. 

I must have passed out at some point, he thought

Boo sat up, an action in which regretted doing so so instantly because he was met with a view of a soggy and chewed up sandwich on the floor next to him, surrounded by a puddle of slightly pink stomach acid.

I guess that was a failure, he sighed.

Boo looked up to see what Neil's reaction to this outcome was, but Neil was nowhere to be seen...

-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

do u guys use ao3 too, or just wattpad?

just wonderin

sorry for any typos, dont forget to smash that vote button