~Preparations Begin~15~

I read Passerine,

Fuck bro...

At least its summer tho :D

also Im going on vacation next week so I might not be able to upload for a bit, Ill see tho

-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Something big was going to happen soon. 

Boo could feel it in his very soul. The combination of his reflection's ominous warning, and the fact that Neil hadn't been checking up on Boo as often as he usually did. Boo often thought he should try and escape while things were re lively peaceful, but how would he go about that? The bars of his cell burned his very skin and made him unable to teleport to the outside. Plus where would he go? Would he wonder the land alone like he did before? Dwelling on his past mistakes and misfortunes for the rest of his days? At least in here he has some sort of... structure to his life. He also had a person to talk to; whether he could trust said person was a different story however.

Boo's curiosity finally got the better of him one day and he asked Neil while he was in the room briefly, what he had been doing lately. All Neil said was,

"I'm making preparations" and left the room.

This ambiguous statement sent Boo's mind spiraling into a fully confused state. He began questioning everything that had happened lately.

Why had his reflection tried to warn him of something?

Was that "something" the thing Neil was preparing for?

Why was his reflection trying to help him in  the first place?

Why was it somehow... fading away?

Before Boo could delve anymore into his little crisis, Neil entered the room with a somber yet distant expression plastered to his face. He walked over to his desk in the corner of the room and grabbed his chair, bringing it over to Boo's cell and sitting down in front of Boo like some sort of therapist. 

Boo was a little confused, usually Neil was at least a little more talkative than that, and looking at him, Boo could tell Neil was about to tell him something big... Neil's hands were balled up in front of his mouth and he was looking directly at the floor, yet, it seemed like he was staring at something far of in the distance.

"Hey there Boo" Neil said quietly, still maintaining his far-off floor stare.

Boo nodded and muttered a quiet "Hey," acknowledging he was paying attention.

"I'm sure you have heard me mention my past major experiment a few times, but I realized I should tell you the full story in order to give you a bit of context as to why I take certain actions now, and... for what I'm going to be doing in the future."

Boo could almost feel some part of his mind shiver at the last part of Neil's sentence.

"Well... my last experiment didn't end well, but you probably already picked up on that part"

(Boo had indeed)

"It all started after my first trip into the Nether dimension. I became infatuated with the unique mobs that lived there, and I wanted to try and take some back to the over world with me in order to observe their interesting properties. So the first mob I attempted to take back with me was a piglin I had found in one of the red forests. However; I quickly found out piglins cannot maintain their usual forms in the over world, and will turn into a zombified version of themselves once they are taken through the portal."

Boo had never been to the nether, so he found it a bit interesting to be hearing about it. This interest helped mask the nervousness he had been feeling ever since Neil began speaking.

"In order to find a way around this issue, I set up a lab in the nether itself to possibly find a way to transport a piglin back with me, without it becoming a zombified version of itself. So after I had set up the lab I grabbed another piglin and did multiple experiments which included an array of different potions as well as rare golden foods being fed to it in order to increase it's resistance. But whilst conducting said experiments I became sort of... attached to this piglin. I gave it special attention, more than I had to mobs in the past. I organically taught it how to speak and read; rather than how I modified your body artificially so you could speak properly. I even taught it how to fight a little, can you believe it! Over time I thought I had become something like... a friend to this creature, but in the end, I was severely wrong."

Neil's face became extremely grim upon finishing his last sentence, it caused Boo to tense up a little. 

Neil continued on, 

"Apparently that piglin never saw me as anything more than a lousy human and it ended up escaping somehow."

Neil's expression shifted suddenly to something more sinister.

"Heh... but at least I know my experiments had worked, I found a trail of hoof marks outside the lab building which led to my nether portal a couple of yards away, and when I exited the portal and went back to the over world, the prints continued on into a nearby forest as if nothing at all had happened to it..."

Neil took a deep breath.

"But the fact still stands that I let that piglin get away after It- it manipulated me and made me drop my guard. Smart bastard..."

Boo had never heard Neil curse before, that event had really scarred him it seemed...

"But this time...I wont let that happen."

Neil looked up and stared at Boo dead in the eyes, causing him to let out a frustrated warble and flinch his head to the side.

"I'm going to see this project to completion. The final test is soon Boo. Everything I have been working towards with you, it going to come to an end. I have something...extraordinary planned for you."

Boo peaked back towards Neil, a crazed look had planted itself in his eyes accompanied by a creepy smirk which tugged at his lips, it made Boo almost want to cower away in the darkest depths of The End again, a place he hadn't thought about in ages...

Neil stood up slowly, still with the same creepy expression on his face.

"Your very existence is about to change Boo, and I'm going to be there for it this time."

At that moment in time, Boo was terrified for his own future.

-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Spoiler: the final experiment will definitely involve two trucks, totally canon.

also this might be my longest chapter yet :0