~Observe as I love~BONUS~

Uh, anyone still alive?

Haha been a hot minute, thought Id write a little something to commemorate the DSMP basically ending (Lets face it, its pretty much done) Also to commemorate the fact that I finished this fic just about a year ago? I think lol

No real plot here, just a bonus chapter about the fact that Ranboo now lives with Micheal in the Nether according to this tweet.

> https://twitter.com/Z2381591926/status/1604195908802924544

I do gotta change things tho cause my little story doesnt quite line up with Ranboo's canon thing going on here, oopsie

-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-

Memories are a fickle thing. They can be fleeting and faint or strong and everlasting. Ranboo didn't remember much though. After he had made it to L'manburg, the world seemed to spin by in a blur, as if caught in a timelapse. Flashes of events, and people would happen. He would meet new friends, obtain new enemies, and choose where he stood between the two.

Memories of Neil or the end didn't exist to him anymore. They were irrelevant to his story, and were thus tossed out for good. He had enough to worry about as time went on.

Somewhere along the way, he had died. He hadn't just lost a life, he had been killed for good. The instabilities that had followed him throughout his journey of life had finally caught up to him in a single, final moment. It was all such a blur. The screaming, the splashing of water and finally, the slash of a sword that had ended it all for good. He had collapsed into the water with his name echoing through the air. He really wished he had been able to apologize to Technoblade, he had sounded so worried...

But in death-- In limbo, Ranboo found himself much more worried about his son. It was all he could think of as the years passed him by. Forced to be alone, surrounded by miles of rippling water that he dared not cross. It just seemed like too much effort.

He found that the reason he couldn't stop thinking about Micheal was simply because he loved him too much. He had never loved another creature the way he had loved Micheal. Watching him grow and play, felt life changing. Of course he missed Tubbo too at times, but he knew the other boy could take care of himself just fine. He was strong and optimistic, plus, he had Tommy after all. The two of them would be ok.

After what felt like a life time of loving and yearning, someone appeared in front of Ranboo. One blink and she was there, smiling at Ranboo as if she had known him all her life; like they were old friends reuniting. And it truly felt like that too, the smile that could be seen through her dark veil gave Ranboo a sense of comfort, like he was coming home. Another thing that Ranboo could remember vividly was that she was beautiful. Fabric flowed loosely in some imaginary breeze around her, and it looked as if the stars themselves were housed in her long draped dress. Her hair almost melded with her clothing because it was all the same color: an ethereal black. A darkness that reminded Ranboo of his creation almost a lifetime ago.

When she finally spoke, it was almost exactly what Ranboo had thought she wound sound like. Her words were calm yet bubbly, slow yet exciting, something Ranboo could listen to all day. But he didn't have all day because she had come to make him a deal. In hindsight, Ranboo should have put a little more consideration into his decision, but that did not mean he regretted it. When he had made his answer to the goddess of death after no hesitation, she smiled once more and cupped his cheek. The veil that covered her face parted for a brief moment, splitting in two as she leaned down to kiss him on the forehead. Ranboo only closed his eyes briefly, more of an instinctual reaction than anything else.

"Good choice." She whispered.

A woosh, a ripple and then a snort and Ranboo gasped, opening his eyes. The water was gone, in fact, there wasn't a drop to be seen anywhere. Everything was red and the air around him was hot and dry. Another snort and Ranboo looked down. Greeting him other than the steaming red floor, was Micheal. His son, his love, his everything. And here he was, staring up at Ranboo with the same clueless mismatched eyes, as if nothing had ever happened.

Before he knew how to feel about everything or anything, Ranboo started crying. With shaking hands and a quivering smile, he reached out and picked up Micheal, bringing him into an emotional embrace. Micheal seemed to understand Ranboo's feelings and returned the hug with a few idle grunts.

Their new life was quaint but peaceful. In their newly built home, life finally seemed to pass one day at a time. Ranboo could appreciate the hours and minutes; the moments he spent simply living for himself and for Micheal. He wouldn't allow life to stream by him anymore, to forget every unimportant memory he made. In his new found life, Ranboo would remember it all from now on.

Love surely had not created Ranboo, for that he had a morbid sense of curiosity to thank. An experiment gone wrong in some dingy underwater laboratory a long, long time ago. But love had rejuvenated Ranboo. Love had led him to where he was now. Because he loved Micheal so much, Ranboo was allowed to spend however much time he had left with him. Maybe the two of them had an eternity, maybe they only had a year. No matter the time bestowed to him by the goddess of death, Ranboo would not let it waste. He would watch Micheal grow up finally, surrounded by others just like him. He would feed him and care for him, give him the life Ranboo could have never imagined having himself. For it is not science or logic that binds the universe together, it's love.

Ranboo thought that his book of life had closed for good the moment he died and was placed amongst an empty ocean. But he could not have been more wrong.

-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-

"This [creature] dreamed of sunlight and trees. Of fire and water. It dreamed it created. And it dreamed it destroyed. It dreamed it hunted, and was hunted. It dreamed of shelter...

Does it know that we love it? That the universe is kind?

Sometimes, through the noise of its thoughts, it hears the universe, yes.

But there are times it is sad, in the long dream. It creates worlds that have no summer, and it shivers under a black sun, and it takes its sad creation for reality.

To cure it of sorrow would destroy it. The sorrow is part of its own private task. We cannot interfere...

Sometimes the [creature] dreamed it was lost in a story."

-The Minecraft End Poem

<3