~Genius at it's Finest~16~

Hey! Im alive so sorry bout the wait, heres a short chapter to show u its all good. Next chapter is the big one! Ive got it all drafted out so the next one should be out in a few days instead of a few weeks... heh

But thanks for sticking around I really appreciate it! 

Also hope my fellow Americans had a pleasant July 4th~

-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

For the first time in his life Boo wished he could fall asleep.

He wanted to close his eyes and drift off into one of those peaceful dream states Neil often described to him.

But Endermen don't sleep.

They just weren't made to do so. Sure they could lose consciousness if things got too stressful or their bodies underwent a certain amount of stress, but that wasn't sleeping. Plus, it only ever lasted a few minutes at most. Instead Boo was left to lie awake in constant thought about the experiment that was likely to happen the next day. Neil hadn't specifically said what day he was going to perform it on, but Boo knew him enough to know that he would want to do it as soon as possible.

Boo tried to think about other things to distract himself from what might as well be his impending doom (he had no clue what the experiment was at all though).

He tried to think about the Piglin from Neil's story. What was going through it's mind when it chose to run away? Where did it go? Was it even still alive?

But for some reason Boo felt a slight disdain for the Piglin, deep down he thought that the Piglin was to blame for everything that Boo had gone through at the hands of Neil, and for what was about to come in the future.

Boo shook his head trying to get those nasty thoughts out of his head, they wouldn't do him much good anyway.

Boo turned to look out the window which viewed nothing but dark cold water; might as well wait for morning to come now.

-+-+-+-

The water outside had become brighter and more clear so Boo could finally tell the day had shifted to morning, the night had been long and painful, so to speak, with Boo being left with his own thoughts of everything that could possibly happen to him today. Boo now waited anxiously  for Neil to come in at any moment.

He waited for an hour, and then another,  and another.

He waited for another 3 hours, followed by another 4, absolutely nothing happened. During this time Boo had gotten his hopes up that maybe the experiment wasn't happening today like he had thought, even better, maybe it wasn't happening at all!

Boo snapped his head up all of a sudden and turned towards the entrance, he had spoken too soon, Neil was walking down the hallway, each footstep dripping with a confidence that told Boo Neil was completely ready to perform the dreaded final experiment.

Neil's footsteps got louder and louder until he was standing at the entrance of the lab with his usual grin fitted snugly on his pale face. He took a deep breath and looked around the room like it was the last time he was ever going to step foot in it, his red eyes taking in every inch of the lab other than Boo's corner.

"Boo" he started still not looking at the endermen sitting in the cage in pure fear, "You're about to see genius at it's finest."

-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-

Ik its short im sorry, next chapter will be good I promise!

IM SEEING THIS FIC TO THE END DAMMIT