~Small talk~12~

ayo hope yall had a nice easter 

-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

Darkness enveloped Boo's senses for quite a long period of time. He had been confined to the walls of his own mind ever since he had passed out from the experiment god knows how long ago. 

Boo began to think the worst.

Am I dead?

I don't want to go yet...

Horrible, gruesome possibilities swirled confusingly around Boo's empty head about what had happened to him after he blacked out. He was on the verge of a full on panic attack inside of his own mind.

However, a voice seemed to echo out in his head answering his desperate questions,

"No, you're not dead."

Boo's reflection stood out from the pitch black of his mind, standing perfectly still with it's usual, cold gaze affixed to it's face. However, it seemed... lesser... in someway, Boo couldn't quite describe it, it was almost as if his reflection had faded in some way.

"...wake up now, Boo, WAKE UP" 

Boo took a sharp inhale as his eyes shot open, greeted to the cold metal flooring of his cage and the soft snoring of a person behind him. Boo picked himself up into a crouching position, now facing the man he had been stuck with for quite a while, who was sleeping peacefully in a chair with his arms crossed snugly around his torso.

Boo was a bit confused as to why he had been passed out in the first place until all the memories of the experiment flushed back into his mind all at once.

Had the experiment worked?

I don't feel much different...

It did hurt a little bit when it happened 

Boo was very curious to see if this mans experiment had actually been successful, or maybe it had possibly failed in someway, that would explain why he had passed out...

Glancing up quickly at the sleeping man assured Boo that he probably wouldn't wake up anytime soon, so Boo would have a little more time to himself. Taking a deep breath, Boo looked out the window behind him and locked on to a small fish; his first talking partner. 

He opened his mouth and made sure to let his voice out in an extremely  quiet whisper, 

"F-fish" 

Boo's hands shot to cover his own mouth as he let out a astonished gasp. His voice had been as clear as as a newly frozen lake, if not clearer. No static had pierced through his speech like all the times before. Slowly, he dropped his hands away from his shocked face.

The experiment had worked.

Boo then remembered that the man had confirmed successfully performing this experiment once before, and became a little less astonished.

Still, Boo was excited to hear his own clear voice reverberate around in his head every time he whispered it out loud. He enjoyed it so much, that he kept whispering random things to the fish still floating by the window. Things like how he liked how shiny the fish was and how he wished he could swim in the clear blue water like all the other mobs, and even a little about his old life in the barren dimension of The End. And all throughout his quiet ramblings, the fish stayed near the window as if it could understand anything Boo was saying.

Boo got so caught up in random small talk with said fish, that he forgot to check on the sleeping man who was now, fully awake and staring wide eyed at the enderman crouched in the corner of a cage, whispering to a fish.

After a full 5 minutes of soft whispering from Boo, and silent staring from the sitting man, the fish finally swam out of view from the window and Boo when quiet once more, still staring longingly out the window in hopes his aquatic friend would maybe return.

"That was quite a conversation" the man said, piercing through the dense silence that filled the room.

Boo quickly turned his head in mute panic towards the man, an embarrassed expression glinting in his purple eyes.

The man let out a small chuckle "I hope you didn't mind me ease dropping on your absolutely enthralling dialogue exchange with that fish, but I couldn't help watching a successful experiment at work there."

Boo understood the man's point, but that didn't stop Boo from still being a bit shy to actually graduate from talking to a small fish, to talking to a full on human in a matter of seconds.

Flashing a look of understanding, the man let out a breathy laugh, "Ah, not going to respond to that, it's ok. Although... I was hoping you would answer a few questions of mine, now that we can properly communicate and all, and that I know the experiment worked properly for sure."

Boo hesitated his answer. Eventually he gave the man a slow nod, still not saying anything, but confirming his willingness to cooperate.

"Very nice. Now, lets get started shall we?"  

-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+

random ass fish my beloved <3