Chapter 36

Location: Rhodes Island

Spade: Well this is strange then usually. 

Rhodes Island's interior was much more busier than usual, operators in the halls rushing to their destinations as if they were to die if they did not. Most would accidentally bump into each other, but none of them would apologize or ask for an apology. Spade stared at the chaos that was ensuing with nothing but confusion.

As Spade strolled along the halls, operators passed by him, not sparing a glance like he was a ghost or something along those lines. Suddenly, his vision blacks out, causing him to trip. 

???: Mi-Mister! Are you okay?

Spade hears a young girl's voice call out to him, it was familiar, but he couldn't figure out or see who it was.

Spade: A little help?

???: H-Here!

A small hand pulled on his, Spade gratefully took it as he was hauled upright. Rubbing his eyes, his vision returned to normal as he looked at his helper.

Spade: Snowsant? 

Snowsant: Ye-Yes! It's me, Mister Spade!

Snowsant looked nervous to see Spade, but other than that, she looked good. Spade was surprised how much she had changed since the last time they met, she still had that air of rigidness around her, but Spade was glad she retained those qualities after the change.

Spade: How are you? It's been a few months since we last met each other.

Snowsant: I-It's been great. I was promoted in the company I worked for!

Spade: Really! That's nice!

Snowsant: Yes, if it weren't fo-for your donation, I wouldn't have made it this far.

Spade: Don't sell yourself too short now, your talent is also a massive factor to your success.

Snowsant: Mm! If you ever need weapons or anything else, just ask me. I can make it!

Spade: I'll keep that in mind, Chief Engineer of Raythean.

Timeskip

Location: Seraph's office/room

Seraph: ....

Spade: ...

Seraph: ...Goddamnit, Spade...

Spade: Ehe...

Seraph: Don't "ehe" me, buddy!

It was a stressful day for both Spade and Seraph.

Upon taking the medical test, the two found out that Spade's Cell-Originium Assimilation and Blood Originium-Crystal Density had increased, shocking Seraph.