Chapter 16

The Next Day

Location: 20km from Rhodes Island

Spade: ...So this is it.

Spade stood on top of a tall rocky cliff, below was a ravine with a small river flowing through. In the center of the bottom of the ravine was a medium-sized campsite, filled with Reunion soldiers taking refuge.

Spade: Welp... let's get this over with.

Spade said as he slowly climbs down the cliff as a flashback from the briefing of his mission begins to play in his mind.

Flashback

Inside a room, Spade was alone with Kal'tsit who was briefing him.

Kal'tsit: Our scouts have discovered a campsite housing Reunion forces. We suspect that they are a detached force acting as back-up.

Spade: What do I need to do?

Kal'tsit: Infiltrate the campsite and gather information.

Spade: Anything else?

Kal'tsit: Try to be as silent as possible. If it can't be done, you are permitted to engage. Leave no witnesses.

Spade: Gotha

-----------------

Spade jumped off the cliff and slid down the side of it. When he reached the bottom he rolled behind a stack of large wooden crates.

Spade surveyed the campsite and saw a massive tent in the middle, alongside some small tents.

Spade: Looks like I have to go sneaky beaky.

Spade then crouches, and a few seconds turn invisible. 

Spade: Go time...

Running out of the cover of the boxes, Spade entered the camp without anyone noticing him. He looked around and saw a small tent. Unfortunately, a Reunion soldier spot his movement.

Reunion Soldier: Hey! You ther-

Spade quickly Blink Strikes the soldier killing him.

Spade: That was close...

Reunion Soldier 2: Hey, Alex! You there?

Spade: Goddammit... 

Spade quickly looks around and saw a small tear on the side of the tent, it was big enough to go in to which he did.

Reunion Soldier 3: Bob! Have you found him yet?

Reunion Soldier 2: No! It's like he disappeared!

Reunion Soldier 3: Screw it! Come back then! It's his fault to lose that piece of shit drill!

The sounds of footsteps were now further away as Spade sighed in relief.

Spade: Now where- huh?

On one of the corners of the tent was a wooden cabinet, the handles were locked with metal chains, muffled sounds were heard from inside the cabinet.

Spade: Hello?

???: Mmmph? Mmph!

Spade Thoughts: Hostages

Spade thought as he cuts through the chains. Spade then openes the cabinet to reveal two kids, one of them was female while the other was male, both had the ears of a Perro.