Chapter 18

Spade's Dream State

Spade: .......Huh?

Upon opening his eyes, Spade found himself somewhere in space and time. 

Spade: What is this place?

Spade then turns around to see a giant blue-skin woman staring at him, shocking him.

Spade: Okay...

Spade raises his hands as he backs away.

???: We stand at the precipice of history. What you do here changes the cosmic balance forever.

Spade: ...What?

???: You have made allies of dangerous beings. Gods and god pretenders. How long before your company involves you in something you can't come back from?

Spade: What do you mean...?

???: Those I serve have so much to learn from you. You are their greatest curiosity. The agent on whom all fates converge.

Spade: They do?

???: The Zalak presents a special prize to the Nine. He is an anomaly. An elemental balance. A grand experiment. We remember his Trial.

Spade: Zalak?

Suddenly, Spade's mind was assault with visions of another person with the so-called "Trail". After the visions ended, Spade gripped his head in pain from the aftermath.

Spade: Ack!

As the pain dies down, Spade looks up to still see the giant staring at him.

???: Only two others have transcended their design.

Out of nowhere, an hourglass appears in front of Spade.

???: The first, an hourglass counting down with infinite patience.

The hourglass was then replaced with a broken blade.

???: The second, a forgotten blade sharpened anew. 

And lastly, a rat replaces the blade.

???: And now, the Zalak.

All 3 objects then disappear as the giant continues.

???: Visit us again. We wish for you to understand what we understand.

Spade: Understand? Understand what?

???: For now, it is my purpose to speak to you and you alone... but only if you remain worthy.

Spade: Worthy?

The giant then begins to disappear much to Spade's surprise.

Spade: Wai-!

Before Spade could reach out, a blast suddenly strikes him in the chest, surprising him as he follows back on the unknown space.

Spade: UGH!

Feeling drowsy from the attack, Spade gave in as he closes his eyes not before seeing a shadowy figure smiling at him.

--------------------

Location: Rhodes Island, Spade's Room.

*GASP*

Spade woke up from his bed, sweating. 

Spade Thoughts: What was that?!

Spade then wipes the sweat off his face before noticing, Cuora.