Chapter 5

Alicia's P.O.V.  

"Alright, Rizwan and I rented 4 rooms. There are 8 of you plus me and Rizwan. We'll pair in rooms. Rizwan and I, Moon with Iman and Comot, Roza with Jet and Khai, and Ali with Alicia. In an hour, we all meet up at the lobby for dinner. Does anyone have any concerns regarding our set up?" Agent Geetha spoke out and looks around among us. I wanted to ask her if I can bunk with Agent Geetha and Agent Rizwan. But I don't want to arose their suspicion of having problems with Ali.

I still haven't gotten over what happened earlier. Luckily, Roza didn't made a fuss about it, like how Neuros are. But then again, the disdain in her eyes is still not giving me the slightest bit of hint that we're cool with each other.

I'm tired of blaming Ali, he never asked me to do what I did anyways. There's no other people to blame aside from me, the person whom did the action itself.

But then again... I don't want to make Ali feel like I'm mad at him. I'm a big girl now, simple things like Ali's disobedience is normal to me. I shouldn't make a huge fuss about it since its just a game anyways...

Thinking of what truly matters which is the future is the most mature thing I can decide upon instead of frustrating over a simple matter such as this. I say, we call it quits, like mature people.

"Come on." I spoke as I clenched my hands over the sleeves of my backpack, which contained my personal things which I prepared beforehand. Luckily, I decided to bring extra clothes in case mine will be drenched in sweat. I have always been taught to be prepared for any possible scenario, to care for my well-being even if I am far from M.A.T.A.

I glanced aside to see Ali, he seemed to nervously hesitate while tightly clutching onto his bag. Which is similar to the one he used to carry around at school years ago, but bigger. And the funny thing is, it was me whom prepared his things. I knew he would shove whatever he could find in his bag so I prepared his stuff beforehand.

Its kind of a regular routine.

I shook my head and headed towards the elevator. Agent Geetha already handed our keycards along with a name tag signifying our floor and room number. We both headed inside as the silver double doors closed shut. I lightly tapped on a certain number as the elevator began to elevate us to our designated floor. I could visibly sense how Ali tensed for a moment when the elevator moved, he must be in deep thought. But I didn't give it much attention, I simply kept my gaze on the silver metallic doors that reflected a slightly opaque mirror version of myself. I tried my best to avoid Ali's gaze but...

He didn't bother to look...

It didn't take too long before the elevator ceased it's movements as the double doors slid open. I took the first liberty to take my leave, stepping out of the elevator with poise like I always do. Not minding how Ali lagged behind but still followed. I could feel this tension, a cold tension of utter silence with only the light tapping of our footsteps against the clean tiled floor as we finally arrived. I lightly held the keycard against a scanner as the door opened after a green light indication of the door unlocking. I softly pushed the door to open wider and took a few steps inside our resting place for the night.

It was cozy so to say, peach themed with a sofa, a large king sized bed and a nice closet. There's a door that leads to the bathroom and another which was glass paned leading to the balcony to overview the horizon. A table with a telephone on it, various potted plants and delicate paintings adorned the walls and the brown colored tiled floors. A scarlet round carpet on the center beside the bed as well. I like it here, the style is not too extravagant nor low. Its plain simple, just like how it pleases my eyes.