Chapter 33

"Calm down, Agent Rizwan. Pacing back and forth the halls for the hundredth time won't bring them back." Agent Geetha tried to console the man, as they needed a plan in order to find out what happened to both Ali and Alicia. It was still in the dead of the night, in a few hours, the sun will rise. Only a small amount of sleep did they get, yet tiredness was something they didn't feel, as it was overridden by worry and concern.

"Didn't you call Agent Bakar long ago? Where is he?!" he suddenly spoke in frustration, running his fingers stressfully over his once well-combed hair, now disheveled with worry and evident lack of sleep.

Before leaving the harbor earlier, they caught reports of a few signs leading to the possible appearances of Vikram's men. The bullets found on the dents by the metallic crates matches those of high-capacity pistols that even Rizwan will not dare to use, as sensitive pistols such as that have a possibility of being accidentally used or fired by inexperienced people. Much less, he prefers to use weaponry which he is used to. But the fact that bullets like those are present could only mean that either Vikram's men had scouted the area for some reason, or in the worst case, they attacked both Ali and Alicia.

The more he thought about the possibilities of Vikram's encounter with both Ali and Alicia, the more dread and fear becomes evident in the pit of his chest. He could only imagine as to what suffering that the two young agents must be experiencing.

The only lead they have is Comot, as he was found to be present in the scene even before the agents arrived. It is evident that the cat is trying to tell them something, but couldn't due to the ongoing language barrier that occurs between humans and animals. Although, Comot is a smart cat due to her genetic modifications but as long as she is still a feline, it will be hard for anyone to decipher what she's trying to imply.

"I already had an agent to page him, Agent Rizwan. He'll be here shortly." Agent Geetha replied, hesitating whether to place a hand on his shoulder to calm him down, or he might lash out his frustration once again. She doesn't know, but she couldn't risk it.

Agent Geetha herself is worried sick as well, the moment she heard about Ali's disappearance along with Alicia's, she shot out of bed and waited by the Academy's entrance for their return. Sadly, much to her dismay, only Agent Rizwan and the other agents returned without the missing agents. She wanted to break down but she dares not to, Agent Rizwan is already in a frustrated and stressed state, she wouldn't want to add to his burden of having to deal with her emotional distress.

"Agent Rizwan!" Bakar's out-of-breath voice came to view from the other end of the halls, his bulky figure was still dressed in his nightwear. It seemed that the man has jumped out of bed and ran straight for their location, literally, considering that he's still dressed in his night outfit, not a chance to change into his M.A.T.A. uniform.

Dark circles would've already been present by under Agent Rizwan's eyes, he had been taking night missions for so long, he thought he could get some shut-eye in his free time. Oh, but how wrong he is when he discovered Ali's and Alicia's disappearance, with Alicia directly contacting him just a few minutes prior to the disappearance.

The General was aware, and he is definitely not happy, not one bit. He ordered no rest until those two troublemakers are found, one being his daughter, the other, an agent with sensitive condition.