Chapter 20

"No, we can't take the risk. Ali's situation is highly vulnerable." The deep voice of Agent Rizwan was heard, he was leaning against the metallic wall of the area.

Another agent, one dressed in white with red designs, holding a tablet in hand, frowned. "Our agents are more on first aid, general and for combat purposes. I already held a meeting with the best tekno agents in the department. But none of them are knowledgeable in helping Ali." She spoke, lowering her eyelids. "Only... Former Agent Jenny is knowledgeable in neuroscience." She added.

The bitter taste of mentioning that traitor's name, it was making her scowl. But in reality, she knew she needs that woman, she's the only one knowledgeable of both Ali and M.A.T.A., her expertise in neuroscience based from how she studies Ali and I.R.I.S. years ago, it can be the only way to help him recover.

Agent Rizwan didn't like the thought, he gazed up on Agent Geetha, whose frown never left her expression. "You're stressing yourself out too much. I'm sure we can find a way—"

"No, Agent Rizwan." She cut him off mid-sentence. "What if we can't find a way? Ali is in grave danger as we speak. We have utterly no idea where Vikram is and our enemies WILL take that as an advantage!" she spoke, her tone raising and causing alarm from others around.

Agent Rizwan sighed, he took Agent Geetha's hand and took her outside in the halls, far from earshot of other tekno agents in the department.

When they were far enough, Agent Rizwan paused. "Don't make it seem like you're the only one worried about him. I too, am greatly worried about his state and well-being. But stressing too much over it will only deteriorate our health, especially yours." He explained lightly tightening his hold onto Agent Geetha's hand tenderly.

Agent Geetha looked at their hands, before looking up at Agent Rizwan back again.

She never mentioned this, but Agent Rizwan looked alluring whenever he shows this side of him, the side that screams 'concern' in bold letters, the type of concern that would totally make anyone melt with how he acts.

But then again, Agent Geetha isn't eighteen to do so, nor to think that way.

She cleared her throat, adverting her gaze. "Maintain your distance, please." She spoke.

Agent Rizwan was a bit surprised and eventually released her hand from his hold. "Sorry." He mumbled, low but audible enough for Agent Geetha.

Suddenly, before any of them could speak, their phones began alarming, their phones displayed the M.A.T.A. symbol in customized colored backgrounds. Agent Rizwan didn't need to take a look in order to know what he means.

He held Agent Geetha's hand gently and led her down the halls. "Come on, the General is calling." He said, his voice low and smooth.

None of them had realized that their hands are linked together, they were more concerned as to what the General would want at this time.

Unless... it concerns Ali?

They arrived, Ali and Alicia were already there, but Ali seemed to be a few feet away from Alicia. He was more on right behind Agent Bakar.