Epilogue

Pain...

That's the only thing that reminds a certain young tekno that he's still alive. The burning sensation from within, even in the realm of unconsciousness, he still feels it.

"You did well, Ali." Words that were as clear as day, yet the voice he long wanted to see for such a long time. He finally heard it, the voice he longed to hear.

"Mom..." he mumbled, he didn't know where he was, or in what state he is in. All the young tekno could see was blue, blue mixed with a gradient warmth of white. Oh, the place was oh, so familiar, but somehow, he couldn't recall clearly.

He pinched his arm, just like anyone would. No, there was no pain, but the burning pain of a sensation was still present but it didn't bother him at the moment. Where was he? Surely, he's not awake with how his body responded nothing to the pain he's trying to inflict upon himself. But the burning sensation, the lingering pain that coursed his veins, he felt it. it's what keeps him believing that he's alive, somehow.

"Mom... I hear you..." the young tekno breathed out, his eyes darting from every possible corner of the area, hoping to find a certain, tekno figure that he longed to see.

But no, he couldn't see anyone.

But he can hear someone.

It was vague, yes, yet he could hear it somehow. But where is it coming from? He couldn't figure out.

"It's time to wake up." There it was again, to wake up, the voice was his mother's, he could really recognize it.

He wanted to call out to her, to shout her name, to see her. But then, the pain, the burning pain made itself known. Each second, the pain continued to rise in a fiery sensation, the pain that numbed earlier, now raging on like a storm that continues to proclaim.

Burning pain, it keeps intensifying as seconds pass. His vision became hazy, the surroundings darkening as if the lights faded from existence.

At that point, he didn't bother to keep his eyes open, he blacked out entirely.

*~*~*~*~

"Ugh..." that was the only sound that the tekno agent uttered as he fluttered his eyelids open. Bright light and a clean, shade of white met his view. He almost flinched at the intensity of brightness, but his eyes later adjusted to the light after blinking a few times.

Ali tried to lift his right hand to rub his eyes but a slight sting caught his attention. At the back of his right hand was a layer of light adhesive, a needle underneath the said adhesive was connected to an IV drip next to him which was present. The drops of dosage, seemingly to be a drop every two seconds, was somehow audible in his senses.