Chapter 27

((Disclaimer: All that you will read here is just based from my lazy attempt of making research, I am NOT a medical expert in any way. Anyways, it looks like I failed anyways xD I have no idea if my research is even accurate lol, bear with me for the sake of the story~ So, I hope you don't mind if I wrote anything inaccurate TwT I just want to make it sound at least realistic. Anyways, some info here may sound impossible anyways, let's just pretend that it makes sense. This is all just for the story~ ))

*~*~*~*~

"Calm down, I'm not going to hurt you." The soothing voice of a certain red-haired woman rang the young tekno's ears.

He doesn't know who she is, but he is aware of one thing, his body once feared her. His hands were shaking, his legs were restless, he couldn't stop moving like crazy, his eyes darting away from the woman.

It was two days later when Agent Geetha called him for another check-up, but the procedure will be done by someone else, someone that Ali doesn't know, but his body feared her.

The woman's name was Jenny, that's what she said, at least. She was a neurologist that M.A.T.A. has found for him. To where she came from and how she got acquainted in M.A.T.A. in the first place? He doesn't know, but his gut tells him that the woman was not really a part of this agency. Especially, when Agent Rizwan seems to be keeping a suspicious eye out on her while watching the procedure.

The process was simple, something that he had undergone a lot when Agent Geetha used to perform this check-up. But it was different when performed by someone else. It was giving him the uneased feeling, the discomfort whenever the woman touches his skin. He certainly didn't like her before.

After the painstakingly long procedure that actually took only fifteen minutes, she took off her stethoscope and placed them by her neck. She glanced over by the group of adult agents who seemed to be observing her every action. It was unsettling, but Agent Bakar's reassuring smiles made her discomfort fade away.

"From what I see, his physical condition is just fine, but there are signs of trauma ranging from his actions. It appears, his body remembers but he does not. I studied his medical records and skull x-rays, it seems to be that the impact caused a traumatic brain injury, the effect drastically worsened as he was submerged underwater shortly after." She discussed, her fingers lightly grazing the holographic screen up front as she showed some documents alongside some images.

"Tell us, is his injury... that severe?" Agent Rizwan was the first to question, though all of them had the same, or rather, similar queries as well.

Jenny simply looked over at the holographic screen before glancing back at them. "The injury was not that severe; surgery is not needed. However, due to certain circumstances and the possibility of Ali almost getting hypothermia, his condition may be a little complicated, more than I initially thought." She trailed off, looking back at the young tekno whom was still laying down on the examination bed in the med-bay.

"Can you elaborate further? What do we need to do?" Agent Geetha asked, although very much relieved that the boy's injury does not require surgery or any major medical procedures to heal.