Chapter 14

Normal P.O.V.

"Oh, Ali. You don't know how worried we were. Are you alright? How do you feel? Does it hurt anywhere?" Agent Geetha began asking a series of questions before Agent Rizwan managed to catch up and enter the ward. It actually takes a longer time to gain access through the door's scanners. If the scanners recognize a tekno agent's uniform, the process was quick to give access. If it were to be someone else like inviso, neuro and Kombat agents, it will take quite a while to authenticate identity. Especially if they were somehow on their civilian form.

"I'm fine... my head is throbbing but... nothing too serious..." he mumbled, his mind was still fazed from waking up abruptly to a woman who suddenly hugged him like some kind of motherly figure but that's beside the point now, a question lingered in the young tekno's mind as the woman pulled away to gaze over Ali's eyes which seemed to be clouded with thoughts.

"I don't want to be rude but... do I... know you two?"

As if the world has shattered apart, a brief silence followed after Ali's words. Agent Geetha and Agent Rizwan's eyes wide in shock.

Ali merely gazed at them, wonder filled his eyes as he did. Agent Geetha wasn't able to hold her stance for long as she suddenly collapsed onto her knees.

Agent Rizwan immediately rushed by her side, quietly questioning if she was alright but the woman merely stared at Ali in disbelief.

The young tekno felt bad and tried to get out of bed to aid the woman as well but the throbbing, aching pain shot at the back of his head as he released a grunt of pain. Agent Rizwan made a gesture that told the young boy to stay in bed for the time being.

"You... Don't remember... Anything?" Agent Geetha questioned as she kept her gaze locked over the boy that she once promised to protect, nurture and educate. Now, knows nothing about anything.

The young tekno's eyes slowly adverted his gaze, unsure whether answering truthfully would do any good to the woman.

In all honesty, he doesn't remember. Not even a single thing rather than his name and general things but judging from the scenario, he must be really important to the two adults before him.

I mean, come on. The woman basically rushed in like as if she was catching the last train in the final second. But it's not really the issue here.

The main issue is that he really, doesn't know anything at all.

Agent Rizwan cleared his throat as he stood, helping Agent Geetha onto her feet.

"I'll take Agent Geetha to the clinic. Stay here, Ali. I will be back." Agent Rizwan spoke once more before securing his arms around the lethargic woman's shoulders and carefully leading her out of the room.

This left Ali to his thoughts. No matter how hard he tries, he just couldn't remember anything at all. As if a system drive was wiped clean of its data. He only knew his name, Ali.

It was obvious from how the two adults called him that name, so, it must be his name.

"How did I get here..." Ali mumbled to himself and gazed around the room which was metallic white or silver along with high-tech monitors around him. A holographic screen right above his head showing various things that he doesn't understand. But his figure was shown in the holographic screen as well as some data where he could guess shows his current state.