Chapter 31

(Long Chapter Ahead)

The morning was the same as usual, solely for the reason that she made sure, Ali wouldn't know about her knowledge about what he has been doing.

She took the cat over to Jenny to see if the cat was drugged that night, and indeed she was. Particles of the said chemical was found under various tests, although, she kept it all secret from everyone, not even Agent Geetha has an idea of what's going on. This situation wherein the said findings are kept hidden, it is something secretive kept between only Alicia and Jenny for various and obvious reasons.

Ali is someone whom they can't really underestimate. Under the impression of amnesia or not, he could possibly be doing unauthorized activities behind M.A.T.A.'s line of knowledge.

"Comot, don't eat or take anything Ali gives you. Just pretend to sleep." She told the cat briefly before turning to look at the tekno agent who was busy conversing with other agents with a smile. She hasn't talked to the tekno agent since her discovery the day before, tonight is when she'll see what he's really up to.

The cat nodded and made her way with light steps towards Ali, nuzzling his leg in the pretense of knowing nothing that occurred. The tekno agent gingerly picked the feline up in his arms and continued as if nothing really happened.

The neuro agent could only watch from a distance as she observed the tekno agent. His treatments with Jenny were slowly improving his condition. He is beginning to get familiar with things that he usually knows about, such as general information about M.A.T.A.'s systems in regards to the pillar roles of agents, he could also remember how he hates his mathematic subject, including, science.

But things that he supposedly knows to a larger extent, he still couldn't recall. Major information that exemplifies larger events that occurred in his life was left blank. She didn't dare let him remember something that's too major, lest the chances he gets overstimulated and worsens his condition, best take things slow and careful.

Hopefully.

"Alicia, you seem tense, are you sure that you're alright?" the calming voice of Iman spoke from behind her, she turned to face the kombat agent who gave her a look of pure concern.

"I'm fine, just tired. Listen, if Ali or the others ask, just tell them that I'm resting early tonight, if that's alright with you?" Alicia questioned in return, her gaze shifting from Ali for a moment before looking back at the kombat agent.

Iman simply gave a nod. "I will tell them. Actually, I came to tell you that the General requests for your presence in the briefing room." She notified as it was her initial reason for meeting the woman here, to relay the message that she is needed elsewhere.

"Message received; I will meet him in a few minutes." Alicia replied, initially dismissing Iman from her task of relaying such message before releasing a tired sigh.

Whether the General is calling her to ask about her observations on Ali, or if it's another mission entirely, she doesn't know. But the only thing she's currently thinking about is whether she should mention Ali's strange behavior to the General, including Comot's condition, or to keep it to herself until she is entirely sure of what's going on.