Chapter 23

Two days has passed, the young tekno no longer acted like he was before the said event.

For two days, he waited for the time to hit exactly midnight before leaving, wearing the dark green hoodie he has and rushing in the dark with the color of his hoodie to conceal his identity and camouflage into the night. For those two days, he gave a small piece of bread to Comot, the bread contaminated with something that Vikram gave him, something that will keep the cat asleep until halfway through the morning. The cat was intelligent, he was well-aware, Vikram told him the history of the cat which he gained after hacking into M.A.T.A. records years ago.

The only way to prevent himself from being caught, is by keeping the cat away. He can easily slip past humans, but a cat is a different question.

In the daytime, he just does whatever he is supposed to do, sometimes, he hangs out with the others or he goes to the city in order to roam around. After all, M.A.T.A. gives him allowance on a daily basis to do whatever he wants, as long as its safe and totally legal.

He's helping someone in need, that probably sounds legal enough, right?

He used those two days in order to search M.A.T.A. Archives and databases in computers to see at least the location of these crystals, on the night of the second day, he found some of it.

The crystals hidden in the powerplant has been relocated, and most of them are hidden in a vault in M.A.T.A. headquarters. It probably wouldn't be easy, but its better there since the other agents he knows won't be able to catch him from where he is.

He just needs an excuse somehow to get there without anyone suspecting him, assuming that the security of the place is tighter.

The next morning, he woke up as usual, nothing different has occurred, other than the pensive silence in the halls. It was a little too early, around five in the morning, it was no surprise that other agents have yet to awake from their slumber.

At least, some of the agents he knew.

He needs to wait until tonight, to get access to M.A.T.A. headquarters, to find at least a few of the Azurium crystals and bring it over to the harbor where he and Vikram agreed to meet once he has his hands on the crystals. He has this old-looking phone which he used to communicate with Vikram, the one that Vikram gave to ensure it won't be tracked.

The young tekno headed to where the briefing room is, his somehow trained ears have picked up two voices, where he stood in front of the metallic door to make out whose speaking. Assuming that the voices are deep, they are males.

It took a while but Ali managed to make out the voices of Agent Rizwan, the General and Agent Karya.

Without a second thought, he entered, the sensors picking up his presence and allowed him entry. The room went silent as they all glanced down to Ali with questioning gazes.

"Good morning, Ali, what brings you here?" Agent Karya was the first to greet the boy, his eyes hidden behind his solid black glasses but the smile was evident in his expression.

"I was just wondering around; I want to talk to you guys." He said, fighting off the weary feeling of being watched by their piercing gaze.