Chapter 16

Normal P.O.V.

"Was it really that bad, Agent Bakar?" the voice of General Rama echoed in the meeting room where the transmission takes place. Agent Bakar and Agent Karya stood firmly, their poise straight as they nodded over at the General whom stationed by the transmission.

A sigh left the General's lips. "Why does misfortune always find its way to that boy. My daughter might become a widow before she gets married." He breathes out. yes, he knows alright, he knows what's going on with those two. It took him a solid year to understand despite his calculations, he didn't want to approve of their relationship, but knowing his daughter's rebellious demeanor, prohibiting her will do no good. She will do what she wants regardless, like how she was when he found out about her alias of Masked Menace. It was either due to his lack of parental guidance because of his job in M.A.T.A. or because he trained Alicia to be so good at fooling others through disguises?

Come to think of it, he himself was no better of a father than Dr. Ghazali, which led to the youth's misconception of everything. Hiding secrets was also a bad idea.

Dr. Ghazali knows that M.A.T.A. was the cause of Aliya's death. In reality, it was Dr. Ghazali himself who told the story that Aliya was a nurse. He knew that I.R.I.S. was a weapon that enhances human abilities which was created by his wife, because it was, he himself who helped her into mechanically designing the gadget when Ali was not yet born. It's just that he never knew that his son could get ahold of his mother's last project which he made with her. All he knows, that thing was long destroyed due to his wife's accident. But the information he got was a lie, the gadget was still there, and now, it terrorizes his son.

"I consulted Agent Geetha about it. Based from the data which she collected, Ali seems to be clueless of the recent events. It seems that he doesn't remember anything other than his name, and other basic information about himself." Agent Karya spoke amidst the silence, his sharp eyes gazing over at his superior through the thick, black lenses of his glasses. He went to visit Agent Geetha as per Agent Rizwan's instructions. He saw and heard about what happened, best he leaves the woman to gather her thoughts. She treats Ali as her own son, she taught him things that he never knew about being a Tekno agent, and she was also his personal companion, a motherly figure after Aliya passed on.

Seeing Agent Geetha like a ship wreak wasn't the best sight that he could see. He knows how hurt she feels deep inside after learning about Ali's recent condition. Like a mother watching her child say that he no longer remembers her, it was painful, he knows that.

"It seems... that we need to mitigate the possibilities of having more issues. Find a way to bring that kid back to normal, find a good doctor if you have to. And... don't tell Dr. Ghazali yet..." The General instructed, his tone slightly hesitating though. As much as he somehow despises the boy who loves to cause trouble, he still respects that boy's father and his late mother.

The two of them nodded in response. Just in time, the metallic, sliding doors slid open, allowing a certain Inviso Agent inside along with the boy whom was the main star of the talk. The voices ceased when they did, the young boy looked around in amusement while tagging along beside his mentor.

"Whoa—is this some kind of top-secret meeting room? Awesome!" the young tekno exclaimed, having disregarded his thoughts from earlier as his eyes gazed from every corner of the room. That is, until his wandering eyes fell onto the General's unamused expression, Ali was slightly terrified that his smile faded as he instinctively hid behind his mentor for safety.