Chapter 21

Did you like my April Fools Day prank? xD It is a question though, if the spoiler is true or not. Nobody knows but me :>

--------------------------------------------

"What do you mean, Ali's been kidnapped?!" the thunderous voice of Alicia deafened those around her.

It was a few hours after they fought Vikram's men, but saw no sign of Vikram himself at all. As they went home, they were surprised that Comot has been following them, lightly injured.

Since Alicia has been with the cat for years, she understands well the strategies and methods of communications that the cat gives. And this sign is not a good sign at all, she knows fully well what the cat meant.

The cat timidly nodded in reply, confirming Alicia's suspicions.

Just by Alicia's voice, Agent Rizwan visibly clenched his fists tight, his nails under his fiber-carbon gloves pierced through, digging onto his palms.

"Ali... he followed us; how could we have not noticed?" Agent Rizwan spoke calmly, but his expression says otherwise as he began to visibly shake if you look closely, emotions were coursing his mind.

He failed to protect Ali.

Who knows what Vikram is doing to the young tekno right now?

"Why... why is no one looking after him?!" Agent Rizwan began shouting, his eyes darting to all living beings in the halls. Someone should have stayed; someone should have kept an eye on the boy. If only he has known, he should have stayed instead from this unfruitful mission!

On Alicia's end, she was now silent. Fuming in anger, but not for the boy's stupidity, but to herself. She was supposed to keep an eye on him, but she never expected for the boy to be there, nor did she expect for the boy to even know about it.

"It seems... Ali has been doing things behind our backs..." Alicia mumbled, it didn't take long before her eyes widened. "I saw him a while ago, he was researching in an internet café where I fetched him. He must've researched about Vikram." She spoke, catching everyone's attention.

"But... how did he know that name? Surely, no one mentioned it... right?" Agent Bakar spoke, glancing over at the figures in front of him.

"To where he heard that name is no longer significant, we must find him." Agent Rizwan spoke once more and walked past everyone, no longer caring if his shoulder bumped onto the others. He could care less right now, as his focus was on Ali, his safety, and how he will be saved.

For every minute passed, the more dread they feel. Who knows what's happening with Ali now.

Agent Geetha could no longer keep her emotions, she left immediately right after to clear her thoughts.

Alicia was soon left alone, everyone disbursing to cope with what's happening. She was shaking, with anger, with guilt, with regret, with hopelessness.

She never expected this, she never WANTED this to happen. But why? Why did it had to happen? Why didn't the boy just sit tightly in M.A.T.A. and stop getting himself into trouble for once?! Why?!