| it's you... || the raid |

prologue
"I Can't Handle Change"

"Chat I will have to log off soon, it's getting kinda late. My parents have work tomorrow and I have to film for you guys since apparently I don't post as much anymore." Katelyn said with an audible smile.

Chat
katies.beach YOU DON'T
kats_luv YOU THINK YOU POST ENOUGH?!
dream.stan DREAM RAID!!
katie_kat DREAM RAID DREAM RAID DREAM RAID
dreams.gogy DREAM RAID!!!
dreamteam_2.0 DREAM RAID BABYYYYYYY
sapnaps_naps D R E A M R A I D

"Chat why are you spamming 'Dream Raid'?" The girl asked, clueless to her skyrocketing view count.

Donation : dreamwastaken $5
us faceless streamers gotta stick together. have a good stream! :D

"Oh- Oh- Okay- Uh- T-Thanks for the raid! I hope you had a great stream!" She said enthusiastically. She made a mental note to find him on social media and text him later about it, maybe give him back his five dollar donation as a token of her appreciation.

"Chat what is Dream's user on social media? Is it the same as his twitch?" She asked quietly, afraid of waking her father at this hour. Her chat spammed with a ton of yes' and so she smiled to herself and wrapped up her stream.

Once her pc was shut down she heard a slam break the silence of her home. Oh how she wished she had moved out when he had offered, purely out of anger. If only she went with her mom when possible, she might have ended up in a better position.

Her door opened aggressively and hit the wall with a loud thud. She flinched at the loud noise as she saw her step mother standing furiously in her doorway.

"I'm sorry, I'll be quiet.." She whispered, voice hardly even a whisper. Her step mother was so angry you could see the stream rolling from her ears as her face was beat red.

"Leave the house until morning, when me and your father are gone." The woman said through a clenched jaw. She simply nodded and stood from the bed without another word being said. She grabbed her phone and earbuds before walking out her bedroom door.

The angry woman slammed her bedroom door shut behind her and stomped off towards her room once more. Her younger brother, Eli, peaked his head out of his room upon hearing the older woman gone.

"Can i come with you?" The five year old asked, a hint of fear lacing his shaky voice. She nodded, he's the reason she stayed. Katelyn's mother left when Eli was only a year old. Her father cheated on her mother with the woman he's now married to.

Eli quickly walked to his older sister and grabbed her hand as they descended the stairs.

"Momma would be proud of you, you know." He whispered into the silence of the kitchen. She was grabbing them some waters and checking her bank account for any spare money. Due to her recent growth on social media, she had enough to suffice the both for a few days out of the house.

"She'd be proud of you too, bub. You're strong, just like she is." The girl said with a smile. She finished tying his shoes and slipped the small snacks into her hoodie pocket. The girl grabbed his hand and walked out of the house, making sure she had her keys with her.

She put Eli in the back seat of her car that was a few houses down from where she resides. If she kept it in the driveway lord only knows what that'd cause.

"You buckled up? Ready to go?" She asked, looking into her rearview mirror to connect eyes with her younger brother, her main reason for existence. He nodded with a yawn, holding his teddybear in his hands tightly.

She played music softly through her speakers and drove around aimlessly for a few hours. Her father wouldn't leave for work until around noon due to the covid regulations for his job. Her step mother would leave around six and come home around five in the evening. She worked two hours away.

Eli fell asleep in the backseat rather quickly. She drove to a 24 hour gas station and parked for a few minutes. She searched up "dreamwastaken" on twitter and messaged him.

katplayzminecraft - hello! it's the faceless streamer you raided tonight. i just wanted to thank you for raiding me, you have no idea how much it helps out.

dreamwastaken - Ofc! I totally understand! I try to raid minecraft streamers with smaller view counts so they can try and get big. It's really no big deal lol.

katplayzminecraft - it still means so much to me. i cannot thank you enough. i could send you your five dollars back if you would like?

dreamwastaken - Can we be friends instead? I assume its a token of your appreciation? So can I ask to be friends instead?

katplayzminecraft - please? i could use some haha. do you still want your money back?

dreamwastaken - No! Not at all! I sent it for a reason!

karplayzminecraft - my brother thanks you in advanced, though he's not awake atm.

dreamwastaken - ??
dreamwastaken - elaborate if you're comfortable?

katplayzminecraft - oh! uh- my stepmom kinda kicked us out of the house until 10am tomorrow. it's currently 12am and im pretty sure my brother hasn't eaten anything since 6pm earlier. he kinda came with me and so i was going to buy him some food before my dad takes money from me for rent and other unnecessary things. :)

dreamwastaken - They sound like shit parents. No offense ofc.

katplayzminecraft - he used to be nice. then he changed and cheated on my mom. my dad wouldnt let my mom have my brother and me so he took my brother and i stayed with him for protection purposes. also if he doesn't have a mom the least he needs is an older sister figure. though im fifteen years older than him and people always think he's my son. 🙄

dreamwastaken - im so sorry. That sounds horrible.

katplayzminecraft - its alright. im used to heartbreak haha. my brother is only five and so im trying to protect him from everything currently. i care about him so it is what it is.

dreamwastaken - whats your number? i keep losimg you in my millions of fucking messages 😂

katplayzminecraft - (***) ***-****

dreamwastaken - north carolina eh?

one new message notification-(***)***-****