| its you... || chris |

twenty three
"Wait"

Karl stayed a few extra days in New York, so Katelyn had to pick him up from the airport. She didn't mind, even though the only flight available was one where he landed at four in the morning. She was finally seeing Karl, so it was okay. Though she never expected an airport to be this packed at four in the morning.

"Hi, katelyn." He said, a soft smile spreading over his exhausted features. He hugged the shorter girl gently, feeling exhaustion run through his veins. She lead him to her car and helped him put his stuff into the back seat. Despite his exhaustion, he was glad to be back with Katelyn again.

"Have you been sleeping?"He asked, trying to fill the silence in the car so neither fell asleep.

"Yeah, I have been. It's not been til late after i've read a good hundred pages of my book, but it works nonetheless. I also had your hoodie to help, which it did. The boys also helped with random sleepovers. So yeah, not much sleep but falling asleep alone has made progression." She said, making him smile.

"That's good, kate. I'm glad youre getting some sleep. I hate to ask of it, but can do you mind if I stay over and break your streak?" He asked, looking at her through lidded eyes.

"Yes, please." She said, relief lacing her voice. She missed hearing Karl's heartbeat. She missed hearing his voice and feeling his breathing. She missed him.

About an hour later of trying to keep up conversation, they finally made it back to Katelyn's house. They walked inside and locked all of the doors and windows before going upstairs.

Karl immediately flopped onto the bed and hugged one of katelyn's pillows. She smiled before helping him get situated in the bed. Not too long after she climbed in next to him and he immediately pulled her body towards his. He laid his head on her chest and sighed, feeling the familiar feeling of Katelyn. She ran her fingers through his hair, as they both fell asleep.

They both woke up the next afternoon due to how late they went to sleep. It was about three in the afternoon when they awoke to a pounding on the door. They later found that it was just the boys wanting to play smash. Karl Jimmy and Chandler played smash while her and chris ordered food and talked.

"So, you and Karl. When is that happening?" He asked, a smirk on  his face.

"Whenever it happens i guess. I don't want to wait too long but i don't want to treat him like shit if neither of us are ready for a relationship."

"Honestly, there is no perfect timing. Do you feel ready to date him?"

"I mean, yeah. I just don't want to mess it up, I'm scared."

"You have all rights to be scared, but don't let it stop you from doing something you want to do. If you let fear control you, you'll never live your fullest and most accomplishing life."

"Live your life saying oh well, not wondering what if." She whispered, looking at how Karl raged at his deaths. She smiled subconsciously, looking at the boy from afar.

"What?" He asked, trying not to get the boys' attention.

"It's what a youtuber i used to watch said. He passed away in May." She replied, looking at Chris and then looking back at her.

"Well, he's right. Would you rather wonder what would have happened if you never took the chance of being with him, or say oh well if it goes badly?" He said, looking at her with a smile. "Listen, Kat, I took the chance and now i'm married with a son. I never even knew I wanted kids until i found out Katie was pregnant. Now, i realize i am living my best life. I get paid well and can spoil my son and wife. I have the girl of my dreams. I have the love of my life and hold him every single day. I thought life was great until a year ago when I realized, it can be better. Your life has so much potential kat. If you let it waste away, you'll regret it. If youre not ready you know Karl will wait for you, but don't make yourself wait if you don't have to. Life can get better, Katelyn. And i think you already know that." Chris said, patting her on the back and walking out to the boys. She saw how excited Karl got that chris was joining them. He was jumping on the couch giggling with excitement.

Their eyes locked again. Time froze, her heart stopped, and in that moment she knew. She couldn't wait for life to come to her, she had to go to him.