| it's you... || meet up |

twelve
"End of the Day"

When Katelyn pulled into Karl's driveway, the sun was starting to rise. Karl was practically jumping around his living room and Dream couldn't sit still. He was ecstatic to see one of his best friends. Everyone knew Sapnap would throw a huge fit alongside Quackity, but nobody really cared.

"I see your car! Are you coming? Are you coming? Are you coming?" Karl exclaimed through the phone. She smiled and nodded.

"I cannot do this right now. Hurry your honking ass up before i-"

"Im with you Karl!" Dream cut the man off, still being unable to purge his excitement as well as ADHD at the moment, despite the medicine he took.

"Eli, bubba wake up. We're at Karl's." Katelyn informed. Eli woke up and it took a minute for him to realize what was happening. Once he did he was unbuckling himself and trying to get out.

Katelyn laughed and handed her phone to Dream after hanging up on the excited male. She stepped out of the car and her anxiety took over. The only male figure she'd ever trusted that was older than her, was Dream. She was scared Karl wasn't going to be who she thought he would be.

Despite her feelings, she helped Eli out of the car while Dream was hugging Karl who'd run outside after being hung up on. She was keeping him from going insane and running outside. Once she hung up, he couldn't contain himself any longer.

Eli was out of the car and didn't hesitate to sprint to Karl. Him and Karl had talked a lot when she was at home. If she walked downstairs, Karl kept him company in her room through the phone. If she had to go somewhere, he'd facetime Karl on her iPad, if she was gone while he was awake that is.

"Hey! Wussup lil E!" Karl exclaimed, hugging the boy tightly. She smiled at the interaction. Eli had a small scratch on his cheek but other than that, he showed no signs of recent abuse from their father and step mother.

"C'mon Eli, why don't we go inside and look around?" Dream said once Eli was put back down. He nodded vigorously and she was glad he didn't have trust issues as she did. Eli grabbed Dreams hand and they walked inside, leaving Karl and Katelyn alone.

"Hi." She said quietly as she walked around the car.

"Hi!" He exclaimed happily. She noticed how he was messing with his hands. His nails were painted as well. It was cute, in her opinion.

"Uhm, could i...h-hug you?" Karl asked, walking towards her some. She didn't seem to notice that though.

She did notice his fluffy hair. His gray coloured eyes. The few freckles that dotted his nose. The green sweater he was wearing. The purple jeans.

It seemed like a dream any of this was happening.

"Uhm," She hesitated, "yeah, yeah sure."

Karl noticed her hesitation and let her walk to him. She wrapped her arms around his torso and laid her head on his shoulder. He carefully wrapped his arms around her, fighting the urge to never let go.

The hug wasn't magical. It wasn't special. It was just a hug. But hugging Karl felt like coming home after a long and stressful day at work. Needless to say, Karl's hugs were something she didn't know how she went so long without.

Once she pulled away he lead her inside. She noticed his cat sitting on the couch with Dream and Eli.

"I can give you a small tour, if you'd like. I know it's early so you can sleep in my room if it's alright with you." Karl offered. She shook her head politely and Dream noticed her hesitation in things. Eli had fallen back asleep on the couch, cuddled up with the cat. Dream walked over and stood next to her.

"What are you guys talkin about?" He asked with a smile.

"Oh, i offered her my room." Karl smiled.

"Why don't we order some food, my treat, and then rest up before driving to your moms?" He asked, nudging Katelyn slightly.

"You guys can-" She met Dream's eyes. "Yeah that sounds good."

"Im proud of you K." He said quietly as Karl rambled on about good food places. Katelyn laid her head on his shoulder with a small smile.

She finally made someone proud.