| it's you... || among us |

four
"Treehouse"

Crewmate

Katelyn took a breath of relief upon her screen showing crewmate. She gets anxious when being the imposter.

Katelyn walked around doing her tasks when Karl walked in. She froze, praying he wasn't imposter. She then moved out of the room to do a task, she could vouch for him as she watched him redirect the ship's path.

Karl started following her around and doing tasks with her. She hadn't minded, she had someone to vouch for and who could vouch for her. One less person to suspect, right?

Her screen changed to that of a body being reported and then the meeting area where everyone was to unmute, she hadn't though since she heard her father starting to walk towards her room. Katelyn sent an apology message to the group saying she was having mic difficulties at the current moment.

The girl stood to unlock her door very quickly. She sat back down and realized she was just standing in the cafeteria, Karl standing to protect her. She smiled and started to walk which made him instantly follow.

A few rounds passed as her anxiety increased. The anxiety wasn't from the game, she was crewmate the entire time, it was from the mans footsteps she'd grown to familiarize in her head.

"Katie? K? Hey, K!" Dream yelled, getting her now slightly startled attention.

"Yeah, yeah what's up?"

"What did you do this round?"

"Oh, oh uhm. I-"

"She stuck with me this round. We did some tasks. I did the navigation and then o2. She did download in navigation and then the asteroids one." Niki stated, obviously sensing that she hadn't been fully paying attention.

"I saw them walking around some as well." Tommy confirmed.

"Tommy the lights were off." Wilbur pointed out.

"I know, they passed me." Tommy defended himself.

"Vote Tommy off." Wilbur said.

"WHAT?!" Tommy yelled. At this point she'd decided to call it a night. The round ended after a few kills from Tubbo and Tommy sabotaging everything.

"I think im gonna hop off for the night." She whispered.

"Text us." George said in a worried tone.

"I will Gogy." Katelyn replied.

"I might head off as well, it's pretty late and i have to film with Jimmy tomorrow." Karl said with a small yawn. They sent the pair off with goodbyes and with perfect timing. As soon as she logged off of her computer her door opened. The girl flinched, hard, as the door opened abruptly.

Katelyn spun her chair around and faced her father; for once his face looked caring, like the guy she grew up with.

"What's up?" The girl asked hesitantly. He sighed and leaned in the doorway of her bedroom.

"You can't keep staying up this late. You're keeping everyone else awake." He spoke in a whispered but angered tone.

"Sorry." The girl responded quietly, pulling her knees into her chest and looking at the man she recognized so little anymore.

"Where's my son?"

"Asleep in my bed." She whispered. The man nodded and left the room, closing the door in doing so.

Her phone buzzed incessantly on her desk. Katelyn picked up the small device and scrolled through the notifications. Messages from the group chat as well as a new number.

She answered the new number first as she was intrigued by the mysteriousness.

(***)***-****
Hi! It's Karl! We played among us today and you seemed really cool!
Dream gave me your number by the way.

Katelyn :]
hello! im Katelyn! you can call me katie or kat and lynn or whatever you prefer!
if you call me kat in front of my brother he might be defensive. :)

Karl :))
Noted!
I seriously have to head to bed but maybe we can plan a time to get together and stream one time!
Or we can just play by ourselves! Goodnight! :]

Katelyn :]
Night! :)

Katelyn closed her door and walked to her bed after answering the group chat. She fell asleep, a main trail of Karl on her brain. She'd try and watch as much of him or things including him as she can to get a feel for how he acts around his friends. That's exactly what she did the night before meeting Sapnap and George formally.

The next morning she spent her time watching compilations of Karl with Eli. Eli grew a liking to the videos the man was in. He enjoyed how he said Honk every time he meant to say Fuck. She enjoyed how more on the child friendly side the man was so her brother could enjoy his content as well.

Kat! 😎👍 @katplayzminecraft
my brother and i spent all morning watching mr. Karl Jacobs on youtube. my brother and i agree that he is okay in our books. he wants us to be friends. @KarlJacobs_ is this possible? 🤔

karl :) @KarlJacobs_
Oh 100%! How old is your brother? Can i be friends with him too? He seems so cool! :]
|
Kat! 😎👍 @katplayzminecraft
he's five and he accepts your offer of being friends.
|
karl :) @KarlJacobs_
YES!!
|
Chris Tyson @chrisTyson
Mans smilin at his phone while we're filmin. I now know why.
|
karl :) @KarlJacobs_
CHRIS! WHAT THE HONK MAN!
|
Chandler Hallow @ChandlerHallow
I told him to do it. 👍
|
Kat! 😎👍 @katplayzminecraft
hello Mr Beast Crew :D
|
MrBeast @MrBeast
Hello Kat. :))