| it's you... || dream team content |

one
"Safe Inside"

Incoming facetime from : Dream Team + Katie
accept                    decline

Katelyn answer's the facetime call, immediately shoving her earbuds into her ears. Her bedroom door was shut and Eli was passed out in her bed. She was sitting in her gaming chair, waiting for this call to be exact.

"Took you long enough." She said, voice hushed due to the late-ish hour and her asleep five year old brother. It was now the early days of the September month and Katelyn had gotten very close with Dream. She'd met George and Sapnap a week or two after Dream and Her's first interaction.

Turns out, venting to some stranger could really change your life. She now had three friends whom she loved to call as a pastime.

"Yeah yeah you stupid American." George says with a yawn. His screen is black only illuminated hy the slight brightness of his facetime. It was almost 3:30 in the morning for the older.

"Gogy you should sleep." Dream said, voice going soft as he spun around in his gaming chair, phone unable to capture his face in frame due to the smaller screens on the group facetime and his 6'3 height.

What was visible was his cat patches being laid across his desk making Dream unable to play his game without disrupting the heaven that cat was so obviously in. Instead he ran his fingers through the multicolored gray fluffs of fur.

A rustling of her blankets caused her to blink back into reality. She turned towards her bed to find the child gone, out of sight.

"Eli?" She asked, worried he'd left the room and gotten in some type of trouble somewhere. He then appeared in front of her, eyes droopy as he tugged on the sleeve of her sweater, indicating that he wanted to sit with her. She lifted the young boy with ease into her lap and repositioned the blanket to sprawl across the both of them.

The boy snuggled into her as if it were a cold winter day and he'd just gotten back from playing in the snow.

"you alright, K?" Dream asked, concern lacing his tone.

"Yeah, yeah." She replied, running her fingers through her brother's blonde hair. He'd gotten his mother's genetics. Blonde hair, blue eyes, wavy locks of hair that suited him perfectly. "Sorry my brother wanted to sit with me."

"Im hungry." He whispered, gripping the cloth at her stomach slightly.

"I know, bub, can you wait until morning?" He shook his head in response. She sighed and kissed his head softly.

"Go lay in bed and i'll be back in a second, alright?" She stated kindly. He nodded and slipped off of her lap, walking towards the bed. She stood up and quietly walked down the stairs.

Her mission had been successful, or so she thought. She grabbed a small bag of chips and two bags of fruit snacks for her and her brother. Katelyn turned around to face her step sister, Maggie.

"Maggie, please, just let me go back upstairs. We can act like you never saw me."

"And now why would i do that?" She asked, a playful hint in her tone. A smirk made its way to her face as she leaned on the wall. "It's almost nine o'clock. You know the rules, why break them?"

"Maggie just let me go upstairs for christ's sake." She whisper yelled.

"No."

"Maggie i didn't eat dinner because i gave it to Eli who barely had a portion at all. I haven't eaten anything since two days ago, let me alone." She explained harshly. Maggie rolled her eyes and walked upstairs. Katelyn waited a few minutes before following and going back into her room.

"Did you get caught?" Eli asked, immediately sitting up in the bed.

"Just by Mags, it's alright. I got you fruit snacks, two packs should hold you over until tomorrow morning, right?" She asked as she sat down on the bed. He nodded and gratefully accepted the food. She opened the small bag of chips and ate them delightfully.

"K?" Dream asked quietly. She hummed in response and slipped her phone from her hoodie pocket. "You've not eaten in two days?"

"It's alright honestly, it's been worse." She shrugged, not feeling phased by the lack of food in her system.

"That's not okay, Katie." Sapnap said, concern lacing his tone.

"It's alright, really im fine." She said with a small giggle. Eli looked happy in this moment and thats all she could bring herself to care about.

"Hey did you want me to sleep on the phone or just hang up? It's only ten but im exhausted and i have some things to do tomorrow so i'll probably fall asleep." Katelyn explained as she stood to throw away the trash in her trashcan.

"You can sleep on the phone. Im about ready for sleep too." Dream said. Sapnap nodded in response and George stayed silent as he had already fallen asleep. she smiled and put herself on mute. Katelyn tucked Eli into her bed and got ready for bed herself. She flipped her phone upside down on her end table and fell asleep hugging the younger boy in her arms.