| it's you... || birthday |

two
"Apocalypse"

When the 20 year old woke up, she was no longer 20 but 21. Nobody knew, nobody cared. Correction, nobody cared except Eli; Eli always cared.

Katelyn sat up in her bed and noticed an empty spot next to her where Eli had previously laid. She just assumed he went back to his room as to not get in any trouble.

The tired girl grabbed her phone to notice the three boys awake. What time is it, was her immediate thought. 10:26 am was read from her pull down screen.

"Good morning sleeping beauty." Dream's voice rolled through her speakers. She smiled and quickly unmuted herself.

"Good morning." She spoke quietly. She plugged her earbuds in, just in case her father hadn't left.

"How are you?" Sapnap asked in a gruff voice.

"Im tired, how are you Sap?" She asked, moving towards her closet. She picked out a casual outfit for the day as she had plans with Eli after his online classes.

"Tired, i just woke up." The man stated, a yawn cutting him off. She smiled as she turned off her camera and mic to change.

She wore a pair of high waisted, dark denim ripped jeans. She paired them with a long nirvana long sleeve. Katelyn tied her hair in a messy bun and put on her black rimmed glasses.

She turned her camera and mic on for the facetime, sitting down in her gaming chair and loading up the minecraft application.

"What's the date?" George asks randomly.

"Monday September seventh." Katelyn answers quickly.

"How'd you just know that off the top of your head?" Sapnap asked, confusion written on his face.

"My brother's birthday is in a month and im just good with dates. I know my mom birthday, my dad's, my step sister's, my step mother's, the day i got my first heartbreak. Stuff like that just stays in my head." She shrugs, refusing to bring up that today is her birthday.

"When is your birthday?" George asks curiously. She played it off as if she couldn't hear them.

"Hm?" She asked, glancing down towards her phone.

"When's your birthday?" Dream repeated George's question. As if on cue Eli walked in. In her mind he was saving everything, or well she thought that two seconds before the one thing she didn't want to happen, happened.

"Kat! Kat! Kat!" Eli yelled, running into the room holding a picture of something. Probably from his art class, she thought to herself with a smile.

"What's up, E?" She asked, bringing him into her lap. She heard faint footsteps from down the hall so she quickly put her phone face down on her desk.

"I made you something for your birthday! Look!" He said happily with a small giggle.

"Quiet down! Maggie is in school!" The girl's step mother yelled as she stomped towards her room. She sighed as Eli flinched due to the loud sigh. The door slammed open, hitting the wall once again with a loud thud. The wooden door shook as it ricocheted off of the wall with much force.

"Elijah! Shouldn't you be in school?" The woman screamed. He started to move but she tightened her grip on him, afraid of what the woman might do to her brother.

"It's his lunch break. I told him he could come in here for lunch so i could make him something." Katelyn answered, refraining from letting her anger out.

"Are you making Maggie something?"

"No."

"And why is that? She's your sister just as much as Elijah is."

"It's Eli..." The young boy mumbled, gripping his sister's shirt slightly in fear.

"Your name is Elijah." She growled. He simply nodded and Katelyn wanted to let lose on the woman in front of her.

"Im not making Maggie food because she's seventeen years old and is fully capable of making food. Plus once Eli is done school im taking him out for the day." She informed.

"First im hearing of these plans." She spat, crossing her arms across her chest.

"That is because i want to spend the day with him without worrying about you or my father or Maggie." She said with a shrug.

"No." Her step mother said.

"Excuse me?" Katelyn asked, genuinely confused as to what she was saying no to. "No what?"

"You're not taking him anywhere. You're his twenty year old sister, not mother." She spat.

"You're not his mother either! Im twenty one and im able to take my brother wherever i want!" She yelled. She and Eli made these plans weeks ago. He was to do school and then go out to dinner and a movie.

"Im more his mother than you. You're a stupid useless adult. He doesn't need you." She said.

"Please leave my room." The girl whispered.

"What, hit a weak spot? Thought so. If you leave the house you can stay out." The woman said before leaving down the hall.

"So were not going to the movies tonight?" Eli asked quietly.

"No bub, not tonight. Another night sure."

"But today's your birthday." He pouted.

"It's nothing special, E. Why don't you go downstairs and wait for me. I'll make you something to eat. Show me your picture first though." She said, repositioning him in her lap. He laid his head on her shoulder and explained the picture he drew. Two stick figures named "Kat" and "Eli". She smiled and grabbed a nearby picture frame that would be big enough to frame it. She took out the picture with no hesitation and framed the drawing.

"I'll cherish it forever, bub. Alright now go wait in the kitchen, im right behind you." She said quietly. He scurried out of the room and she sighed.

The girl slid down the wall, phone in hand. She had entirely forgotten about the phone call she had been on for hours now.

"Katie?" Dream asked softly.

"I don't wanna talk about it." She said, voice increasing in pitch due to her holding back mass amounts of tears. "It's normal, it's alright. As long as Eli is okay it's alright."

"It's not alright..." George said softly.

"No it's not." She sobbed quietly. She didn't let her crying session last too long though. She quickly pulled herself together and walked down the stairs towards her brother,

Guess there's no plans for her birthday after all.