| its you... || rainy days |

twenty four
"Sparks Fly"

"It's raining! Chris said as he brought in the pizza. Katelyn smiled, loving the free feeling of rain. She had no hesitation of going outside and standing in the rain.

Karl paused the game and ran to the door, watching her spin in the rain with her arms out. She was smiling at the sky, something he'd admired.

Their first rainy day together she sat inside and watched with a frown from the window, remembering how the last time rain was around she was forced in her car by being kicked out again.

Now though? Now she was playing in it like a child. The harder the rain got the more soaked she got.

"Go get towels." Karl said to no specific person as he took off his hoodie and ran out in the rain with her.

"Karl!" She exclaimed, jumping on his back with a smile as wide as he'd ever seen. He looked up with a wide smile of his own. The pair looked like the happiest people in the universe. All of the bad from the world could be washed away with how big their smiles were.

Karl put her down and politely asked to dance in the rain. Since the night was coming sooner and they'd been playing games for three hours, the sun started to set. It was hard to see through the dark clouds, but it was enough.

He twirled her around, water coming off in droplets while actively being replaced. Chris, Jimmy and Chandler just watched as they looked at their two friends who were obliviously in love. He dipped her, their faces getting close. She smiled, looking between his eyes and lips. He quickly pulled her back up and started slow dancing with her.

The sound of the rain drops falling hard against the pavement and their clothes were all that was needed in this moment. Because in this moment, holding each other while dancing was enough. No feelings nor words needed to be exchanged. The feelings were there in between them. They knew, in their hearts they knew. It was as if all the words were exchanged in the way they held one another in the rain. All they needed was one another to be okay.

They'd have to speak eventually, but right now they were content and happy. Neither wanted to spoil the moment.

"You amaze me." Karl was first to break the silence when speaking these words. She smiled, her eyes never leaving his.

"No, you amaze me, Karl Jacobs." She responded. "You made me believe in kind people again. You made me believe in love and happy endings. Even if we don't work out, Karl, you have made me believe in being loved so much it heals. You don't know how much you mean to me."

"You healed me too." He responded with a smile. No words were exchanged after that. She just looked up at the sky with a smile, moving closer to Karl. Her head was now on his chest as they swayed. She'd never felt more passion and intimacy with someone she wasn't dating.

"Let's go inside, Katelyn." He said with a smile, stopping their dancing. She nodded, following him into the house. Jimmy and Chris handed them towels and chandler laid them on the hardwood floor so they wouldn't slip.

"CHANDLER! MY TOWELS!" Katelyn yelled as she dried off.

"I can literally buy you new ones for five dollars." Chandler said in defense.

"You shouldnt need to bro." She said with a small smile.

"Just go get changed, lynn." Chandler said with an eye roll. The pair walked upstairs. She went into her bathroom and karl went into the main second floor bathroom. Once they were changed, they all went downstairs to watch a movie.

They picked a long one and the boys just ended up crashing at the house, all but for chris that is. He missed his kid and wife and wanted to be with them, as he should.

While Chandler and Jimmy slept in the spare room, her and Karl were outside looking at the stars. They were under her overhang on her front doorstep since it was dry, but they still looked at the sky in peace.

"Karl, i don't think anymore." She said into the silence, leaning her head on his shoulder. It took him a few moments to realize what she was saying.

"You don;t think you like me anymore, as in you know right?" Karl asked, recalling their conversation from weeks ago.

"Yeah, I really do. I like everything about you. How you go out of your way to help me fall asleep, or dance in the rain with me, or stream with me. You go out of your way to make sure i'm okay and doing alright and your personality is just so pure. I'm someone who never believed in love since my last ex and i broke up and I thought he was the love of my life. I mean not only that but my dad cheated on someone he was with since he was fourteen, fourteen Karl. It just all lead me to you. Someone who can breathe the life back into me just by showing up. You've given me a newfound appreciation for life and i couldn't be more happy to call you my best friend and the boy i fell in love with at such a young age." She ranted, her head never leaving his shoulder. He lifted her head softly, making her look at him. She smiled, looking into his eyes.

"Can I kiss you, Katelyn?" He asked, looking into her eyes for any signs of declining. She smiled, nodding her head slightly as she started to lean in. He connected their lips gently.

Their first kiss was under the stars and he couldnt have been more happy with the way things turned out.