| it's you... || roadtrip with Dré |

eleven
"Roadtrip"

"Hi Karl." The girl greeted, sitting on the couch, knees pulled into her chest.

"Have you been crying? What's wrong?" The boy asked in a worried manner. She smiled, he cared.

"I have been. Uh..do you think me and Dream could stay a little bit at your house? Just until i'm able to get an apartment of some sort, or something." She asked softly.

"Of course you can!" Karl exclaimed, he was happy to be finally meeting the both in person.

"Thank you." She said, a smile ghosting her lips.

"It's no problem! You're amazing, you know that right?" He said, trying to keep her smile. Her cheeks turned a slight shade of red as she smiled.

"It's getting pretty late, did you wanna head to bed? I can let you go." She spoke quietly, Dream standing in the kitchen listening intently as he texted his mom to ask about watching Patches.

"Can i sleep on the phone with you? You help me relax." The boy whispered. Dream had to keep his awe-ing to himself as he melted at the cuteness of the pair.

dream 2 @dreamwastaken2
"i can let you go"
"can i sleep on the phone with you?"
THEY'RE JUST FRIENDS! WHAT IS THIS?!

karl :] @KarlJacobs_
They seem like more than friends, just my observation :D
|
Kat! @katplayzminecraft
karl...
|
karl :] @KarlJacobs_
what?
|
dream 2 @dreamwastaken2
well- uh- ok-

"Im confused!" The boy whined into his pillow as Dream and Katelyn piled into the car.

"Karl he quoted us." Katelyn informed.

"Oh, okay." Karl shrugged.

"and your comment?" Katelyn asked, noticing his unconcern. 

"Well were not just friends, were best friends." Karl slurred due to his tiredness.

"Go to sleep, Karl." She laughed gently. He simply nodded and fell asleep almost immediately.

"Did he just best friend zone me?" She asked in awe. Dream wheezed as he pulled out of the driveway. She controlled the music from his phone as he drove.

The drive was long and exhausting. Half way through they switched so Dream could relax and sleep.

By the time they arrived it was almost 4:45 in the morning. Karl was still dead asleep on the phone. They pulled down the street from her house and she sighed. Dream had just woken up a few moments prior.

"Did you want to sleep in my house? Sneak in lock the door? You can sneak out in the morning and i'll just say i came back in the middle of the night and needed a place to stay. Besides my dad pays the bills, not the stupid bitch who kicked me out."

"Yeah that's alright with me. I'll leave and come back in the morning whenever you text or
something." She nodded and took a deep breath.

The sidewalk she followed put a weight on her shoulders with every step taken. She was anxious, that was definitely something agreed upon. As they reached her house, her need to turn around increased.

The need increased to a point where she did, she turned around. Dream was directly behind her and he just hugged her gently, trying to calm her nerves.

"You'll be okay. We'll sneak in, sleep, i'll sneak out in the morning and as soon as you even send a letter, i'll walk back. Then we will get Eli, pack his stuff up and start heading to your moms. We'll come back and stay with Karl until you are settled into an apartment. Then i'll fly back to Florida and everything will be okay, okay? You won't have to deal with this anymore, i promise." Dream whispered to her softly. She nodded and pulled away.

They walked inside quietly and walked to her room. The door was locked. She smiled in relief. A small bobby pin was at the top of the door, she reached up and felt for it. Once she had a grip on the bobby pin she unlocked the door and walked inside, making sure nobody was around to catch them.

Closing and locking the door behind her, Katelyn let Dream in and immediately followed. Eli was sat up in bed, a petrified look in his eyes. The moon's light shone on his face through the window just enough for her to see that much.

"Bubba, bubba calm its just me. It's just Kat." She soothed, slowly walking towards the bed. As soon as he figured out who it was, he ran to her and hugged her tightly.

"I missed you!!" He said quietly.

"I missed you too." She said with a smile. The boy was lifted off of the ground when he noticed the man standing behind her.

"Who's that?" He asked quietly, laying his head on her shoulder.

"That's my friend. His name is Clay." She informed.

"Hello Clay." He said with a small waved. Dream smiled and waved back.

"Kate. Kate. Kate. Kate. Kate. Kate." Her phone rang out. She was genuinely surprised the facetime had lasted that long as well as her phone battery.

Katelyn set down the, now six year old, boy in her arms on the bed. She pulled her phone from her back pocket and unmuted herself. Karl was holding the phone in his grip as was laid on his side.

"Do you always do that?" She asked, scaring him slightly as he thought she was asleep.

"Yes, yes i always do that." He responded. She smiled and Eli gasped audibly.

"Is that Karl?!" He whisper yelled. Katelyn nodded and passed the phone to Eli so he could talk to Karl. She walked to Dream and told him he could sleep on the couch in her room.

"Can we see Karl?" Eli asked.

"Yes! Yes!" Karl exclaimed through the phone, now sounding much more awake.

"Now? It's almost six in the morning."

"Yes now." Karl answered and Eli nodded vigorously.

"Alright, sure." She chuckled, looking to Dream for permission. He nodded exactly like Eli did making her roll her eyes.

And so the trio snuck out once again and left for Karl's at the early hour. Eli fell asleep in the back. Karl showered whilst she was on the phone driving, listening to her GPS. Dream knocked out once again in the passenger seat.