chapter 40

A/n: hey there guys. I am extremely sorry as I couldn't find time to write new part. But I hope you get it, since the post covid schedule has took a great troll on me.

However, I hope that you are safe and sound in your home. And we pray sincerely to give courage to fight this second covid wave.

And guys, I really didn't intend on hurting anyone's feelings and emotions on any religion. This is purely fictional and I invite constructive criticism.

Krithi

"You look beautiful dear!!" My aunt exclaimed looking at me in my wedding gown.

I looked at myself in the mirror. I do look beautiful like a normal bride,but I am no where normal to a bride's feelings. Still I feigned them. I must look happy.

My aunt was dumbstruck when I told her that I was in love with her boss and wished to marry him soon. She almost fainted listening those words. Later,she was very happy. I don't think anyone could be that happier for a wedding. However my aunt was little disappointed knowing that it was not an Indian. She planned a lot for my husband but he being an American made her plans in vain. But she finally told me that she would be happy that I was married to the love of my life.

Karthik however was no where near pleased with my marriage. He was angry at me for not disclosing my love with him. He argued that I didn't trust him enough to share about it. Trust me,it took me a lot to convince my brother for this marriage.

They all thought I was really happy with this marriage. But I was doing this only for my family. I just have planned until I get married. I don't know what my plan would be once I get married.i don't know anything except the fact that I am going work my a*s off, to run away from him.

"Oh my...." You look absolutely beautiful krithi!!" Amelia said coming in to the room with a cute rosy tagged along.

" You look absolutely beautiful krithi!!" Amelia said coming in to the room with a cute rosy tagged along

"Thank you" I smiled.

"Woawww someone is blushing!!" Amelia teased me.

I mentally rolled my eyes. I was even faking smile,I don't know how they thought I was blushing in the first place. However I fake blushed.

"Okay. Before you walk down the aisle I want you to make sure you are wearing a wedding garter" Amelia said looking at me.

I returned her look with a confusion look of mine.

She sighed and said "it's in our tradition that you should wear a garter on your thigh as a bride, of course which would be removed later by the groomsmen"

I sat there looking more confused than before.

She sighed again and motioned me to pull my dress up my knees and later she put on a lace garter on my leg.