chapter 47

A/N: hey guys. hope you are doing great. I know i am not to be trusted when it comes to updating, but believe me guys. I don't really have time for an update. Hope you understand. I will really try to update regularly.

Enjoy reading biscuits.

Chris

I never thought that I would be afraid to go home. Yet here I am afraid to go. For the past 3 hours, I have been sitting here in my office thinking of ways to avoid going home. 

I should not have given her any promise that day. If I had known something like this would have happened, I would not have promised her.

“What the hell are you doing here Chris?” Ethan barged in like the mature man he is. 

"Krithi’s worrying about you. She has called me and told me that you haven't reached your home yet. We were worried, and here you are playing video games?” Ethan yelled at me as soon as his eyes fell on the game I was playing.

Yeah. She is worried about me. You read that right. But, the intent is different, not what you think. She called me earlier and told me to come home early today. And I am definitely not happy with it.

“I know” I said calmly and knitted my brows looking for the hidden opponent in the game. Sneaky bastard. Must have hidden somewhere in the building.

“Are you serious?” Ethan yelled at me again.

"Damn” my player in the game is killed by that sneaky bastard. Shouldn’t have played with that teenager. Shit.

“Chris. What's wrong with you? If you don’t start to your home now, I am dragging your ass myself there” he warned to which he earned a glare from me.

“I am not going anywhere. Tell her that I am busy” I said while negotiating with the teenager to play with me again. Damn that boy. How dare he say that he doesn’t want to play with an old man.

"What did you do this time again?" He narrowed his eyes at me.

"Thanks for the trust you have on me Ethan" I said sarcastically.

"What are friends for" he smirked sitting his ass on the couch.

"Why do you think that it is always me that messes up?" I glared.

"Because you are 'the olive skinned hulk who doesn't need any trigger to transform' as krithi puts it" he retorted.

I am going to sell him to the human mafia anytime soon.

"Come. let's go. I don't have all the time"he said looking at his watch.

Must have a date with IVA. Lucky bastard.

"I didn't asked you to stay. You can go" I retorted.

"And what, get killed by your wife. Thank you but I will pass" he smirked.

"I don't want to go home"I whined.

"Oh my baby. What happened. Did you hit somewhere. Show to me baby" Ethan cooed at me speaking in a baby voice.

"Fuck you" I cursed.

"Bad word baby. Babies shouldn't curse." he smirked.

"Get your ass out before I kill you"I warned.

"Since you are whining like a baby who didn't like going to school, I am cooing you baby" he smirked.

"I can't go home. If I go, she will divorce me"I spilled out the truth.

"WHAT??"his eyes widened hearing my words.

"You heard me. She will divorce me, and I don't want to go" I repeated in a sad voice.